New luxury small ship line, Haimark

The July 14th sailing was listed in their brochure, Chicago to Montreal.

No, the 5th was from Montreal to Chicago.

Thanks for the info, I would like to do the Montreal to Chicago:cool:

She is on her way and on the move :)

Will be here in Sault Ste Marie on Saturday July 18/15

11749622_10153053887696693_1558648078_n.jpg?oh=1323327c77d94789861c3f2ca2d67b86&oe=55A80902

Hi Emmy, take some pictures of her I think it would be net to do a cruise on her as it would be fun because we seem to know all the ports she goes to and we can visit people on the way:cool:

Carol:)

Edited by flames

Hi Emmy, take some pictures of her I think it would be net to do a cruise on her as it would be fun because we seem to know all the ports she goes to and we can visit people on the way:cool:

Carol:)

You can be sure I will post photos arrival and sail away Carol :)

You can be sure I will post photos arrival and sail away Carol :)

Thanks Emmy, I will look forward to seeing pictures and what you have to say about the ship:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

I was trying to follow her on marinetraffic but looks like her schedule was changed

Today in Quebec City probably offloading passengers

Hope someone reports in about the experience

Lyn

I was trying to follow her on marinetraffic but looks like her schedule was changed

Today in Quebec City probably offloading passengers

Hope someone reports in about the experience

Lyn

Lyn I too have been following her. At one point about a week ago she was in Little Current on Manitoulin Island about a 2 hour drive from me. I thought for sure she would be on her way to Sault Ste Marie. When I awoke and checked her she was going the other direction.

I continue to monitor where she is and still hoping she will make a stop here :)

Lyn I too have been following her. At one point about a week ago she was in Little Current on Manitoulin Island about a 2 hour drive from me. I thought for sure she would be on her way to Sault Ste Marie. When I awoke and checked her she was going the other direction.

I continue to monitor where she is and still hoping she will make a stop here :)

Yes I saw that also

I think the next schedule if they stick to it is Quebec to Portland & the reverse

Guess time will tell

Would like to do the Toronto to Chicago run next year but want to see if it is worth the $$

Lyn

I just found this thread! Lyn, you know why... because we just got home and ready to go again! We are flying to Montreal in the morning tomorrow to board St. Laurent. I am kind of glad I didn't know any of this all summer. We are booked on an Alumni Go Next cruise so we have not had any direct contact from Haimark. But, we did have our final travel documents in the mail pile from Go Next, so we are going with all intentions of a great trip sailing the Five Great Lakes from Montreal to Chicago on August 1 to 10, 2015. I will report back!

Debbie

I just found this thread! Lyn, you know why... because we just got home and ready to go again! We are flying to Montreal in the morning tomorrow to board St. Laurent. I am kind of glad I didn't know any of this all summer. We are booked on an Alumni Go Next cruise so we have not had any direct contact from Haimark. But, we did have our final travel documents in the mail pile from Go Next, so we are going with all intentions of a great trip sailing the Five Great Lakes from Montreal to Chicago on August 1 to 10, 2015. I will report back!

Debbie

LOL

Debbie do you ever stay home

Yes do report when you get back

Is it a chartered trip or just a group ?

Have a great trip

Lyn

Lyn,

You know, I don't have any idea if Go Next chartered the entire boat or just has a group of alumni aboard. I never inquired. Thanks for the good wishes and no, this year we aren't staying home much. Eventually, we'll get the Insignia WC make-up travel out of our systems, but it will be a few months yet.

Debbie

Lyn,

You know, I don't have any idea if Go Next chartered the entire boat or just has a group of alumni aboard. I never inquired. Thanks for the good wishes and no, this year we aren't staying home much. Eventually, we'll get the Insignia WC make-up travel out of our systems, but it will be a few months yet.

Debbie

enjoy the cruise

looking forward to hearing about the food & accommodations compared to what we are used to ;)

Lyn

Lyn,

Debbie

Can you tell me if a stop in Sault Ste Marie in on your itinerary for the Aug 1 sailing to Chicago?

Can you tell me if a stop in Sault Ste Marie in on your itinerary for the Aug 1 sailing to Chicago?

Here is a paragraph from our final documents that mentions SaultSte Marie.

August 7

Sault STE. Marie, Ontario/Michigan (IZAAK Walton Bay & Lake Superior) 11:30AM-8:00PM

Today, we'll transit the Soo Locks from Lake Huron into Lake Superior at Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan. Our guided excursion includes a visit to the New Fort Brady, a tour of the Valley Camp Museum Ship, a stop at the Soo Locks viewing platform, and a walk through the visitor's center to learn about the four parallel locks.

Here is a paragraph from our final documents that mentions SaultSte Marie.

August 7

Sault STE. Marie, Ontario/Michigan (IZAAK Walton Bay & Lake Superior) 11:30AM-8:00PM

Today, we'll transit the Soo Locks from Lake Huron into Lake Superior at Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan. Our guided excursion includes a visit to the New Fort Brady, a tour of the Valley Camp Museum Ship, a stop at the Soo Locks viewing platform, and a walk through the visitor's center to learn about the four parallel locks.

Thank you for this info. I had read earlier that you will dock on the Ontario side in Sault Ste Marie. I want to come out and see the ship either on the Michigan or preferably the Ontario side. Have a wonderful journey

I just saw an ad for this company in a magazine, and went to their website.

They have a single, very small ship, the MS Saint Laurent with maximum 210 guests, doing "coastal" cruising. Just starting up this summer.

Some interesting itineraries--the Great Lakes, with some wonderful-looking ports (my home territory), the St. Lawrence River, Costa Rica and northern South America in the winter.

Looks interesting. All-inclusive by the looks of it--excursions and alcohol included. Smallish cabins, but looks very nice.

Just thought I'd mention it. I have long thought that it was too bad that the Great Lakes did not get much cruise traffic. And the Costa Rica itineraries look very nice to me.

Here's the website: http://www.haimarkline.com/

I just booked the 10 day Great Lakes cruise on the Saint Laurent. I'm excited about it, although it's not until June, 2016.

We will be on her July 5th....Montreal to Chicago. Looking forward to something different after 82 cruises. Haven't seen the Great Lakes and it looks like a great itinerary, excursions, dining, and open bar.

I do hope you will come back a give us a review of your trip. I'd love to know the good parts-and, of course, if there were problems that you found.

I do hope you will come back a give us a review of your trip. I'd love to know the good parts-and, of course, if there were problems that you found.

They did not do that sailing

keep reading ;)

Thank you for this info. I had read earlier that you will dock on the Ontario side in Sault Ste Marie. I want to come out and see the ship either on the Michigan or preferably the Ontario side. Have a wonderful journey

The itinerary they gave us tonight onboard indicates that we will be on the Michigan side on Friday August 7. So far, so good. We are in cabin 122 and we like it. It feels roomy, though it is smaller than the Marina cabin we spent months in earlier this year. It has a lot of storage and 2 big windows. The bathroom is good sized compared to Marina's and that is without the separate tub and shower. Saint Laurent's bath only has a shower. But, again it feels roomy and has a lot of storage. Dining is open seating which is our preference. On our sailing there are complimentary alcoholic beverages and 2 hours of Internet per guest. I don't know if this is standard or because the sailing is a Go Next Alumni Groups charter sailing. There is a lecturer onboard and a folk singing duo of entertainers. The waitstaff seems experienced, efficient and friendly. Other than the horrifically confused life boat drill and the overly drawn out check in we have no complaints. Oh, except for the driving in locks! Now we know how they got that gash running into a lock wall earlier this summer! Geez!

Debbie