Red Stripevs Time & Place vs Burwood

knots4crewzing

I need some help with what to do in Falmouth Jamaica.

Anyone recently back from any of these beaches.

We've done most of the touristy things and Rose Hall. we'd just like a nice beach, nothing fancy with facilities and Bar:D.

Thank You

Liz:)

Edited by knots4crewzing

Sadly, Time n Place was torn down. I believe the people who owned the land ended their lease, so they can build a resort. It was a true slice of rustic heaven.

Burwood Beach is the public beach. From what I understand there didn't even used to be bathrooms there, but that a huge improvement project was either scheduled or underway. I'm curious if that even happened or is in progress.

Sadly, Time n Place was torn down. I believe the people who owned the land ended their lease, so they can build a resort. It was a true slice of rustic heaven.

Burwood Beach is the public beach. From what I understand there didn't even used to be bathrooms there, but that a huge improvement project was either scheduled or underway. I'm curious if that even happened or is in progress.

Thank You!:)

I was a little unsure about Time & Place having read reviews that sometimes it was open and sometimes not. I'm sorry to hear that it's been torn down.

Right now we're leaning towards Drs. cave. It looks beautiful with full amenities. Have you been there?

We were just at Red Stripe today. Clean bathrooms and changing rooms, beach bar, and jerk chicken with cole slaw and fries for $10. Beach chairs and float mats were $5. Beach was busiest between 10:30 and 12:30.

We were at Drs Cave a year ago. It was busier than Red Stripe but nice with water toys too. I preferred Red Stripe because it's not in the middle of town. However, some may want that for shops, etc.

Edited by BBowCruiser

We were just at Red Stripe today. Clean bathrooms and changing rooms, beach bar, and jerk chicken with cole slaw and fries for $10. Beach chairs and float mats were $5. Beach was busiest between 10:30 and 12:30.

We were at Drs Cave a year ago. It was busier than Red Stripe but nice with water toys too. I preferred Red Stripe because it's not in the middle of town. However, some may want that for shops, etc.

Are there many vendors at Red Stripe and if so were they pushy?

Thanks

Just a few little shops and not pushy at all. There were a few vendors who were kept outside of the "boundaries" by security. We didn't walk over to them, but i did see a few people buying things from them.

Edited by BBowCruiser

Thank You!

I'm also looking into Drs Cave Beach Club as the reviews have been great. Seeing as we'll be the only ship in port and 1 in Ocho Rios i have a feeling the beach won't be too crowded

Thanks again for your help:)

Liz

We too were at Red Stripe beach this last Thursday, but we had a slightly different opinion.

We paid $29 for each adult thru the ship (we were told it was the only way you are guaranteed admittance). We took a shuttle and we were there less than 10 min from the port. It is $5 to rent beach chairs. They also have floats for $5. Food ranges from $8-$10 and alcohol drinks are $5 each, soda $3. They had red stripe beer, pina colAdas, strawberry daiquiris and rum punch. Also, There is little to no shade to be found. We arrived shortly after 11 and by 1130 they had run out of piña coladas. Ok- not a deal breaker even though the beach had only been "open" for a couple of hours, but I was surprised. However, I wondered if there was poor planning all the way around when I went at noon to buy a hot dog and they had run out of those too.

The beach was nice but honestly ...it was pretty dirty as we walked further than the immediate area of all the chairs. There were empty bottles, lots of single shoes, food containers and other trash all along our walk.

I don't like to be completely negative about anything so I won't say it was bad but I wouldn't go again and I wouldn't feel comfortable giving it a great recommendation.

If you have any specific question I'll be happy to try and answer!

• 2 weeks later...
I was at Red Stripe Beach last week and also would not recommend it. I've been to Montego Bay and would say that is much nicer.

Yes!! Thank You. The reviews lately for Red Stripe haven't been too good.

I think we're going to either Jewel Paradise Cove( an AI) or Drs Cave.

• 2 months later...
Yes!! Thank You. The reviews lately for Red Stripe haven't been too good.

I think we're going to either Jewel Paradise Cove( an AI) or Drs Cave.

looks like on the map that Dr Caves is about 30 miles away.

Reviews I've see for Red Stripe are that it's very nice, just on the small side.

Anyone ever take a taxi to Red Stripe? Heard you can only enter via cruise excursion

It's a shame that the beaches near the Falmouth port aren't that great. Yes doctor's cave looks nice but your loosing ALOT of your day traveling. The hip strip around that is a little too urban for my taste. Currently I'm leaning towards a day pass to Royalton White Sands an all inclusive 3 miles from the port with a water park. $100 per adult and $50 per kid with food, drink etc.... The jewel all inclusive the cruise ship offers is also a long 45 min to hour drive each way. My hope is more options are developed before June 2016 when we stop.