What type of Clothing to bring on a December Cruise on the Breakaway

travelady65

Hi, this is the first time that i will be cruising out of New York in December...and i was wondering if someone can give me some advice as what type of clothing to pack for my cruise.....as far as the weather, i know that it will be cold....as far as nightime, what kind of attire should i bring...as i am use to the traditional dining, and this is my first time sailing freestyle....as far as summer attire goes, i think that i will bring two bathing suits, to change off, and a couple of capri sets, and couple pairs of shorts with tops....

But main concern right now, is leaving from New York, how much winter attire should i bring with me....I would presume that the first full day at sea is going to be cold.... would appreciate any advice ....... also i don't want my luggage to be too heavy as well.... as far as shoes go...i am going to bring one pair of black heels, that can go with anything....pool flip flops, sandals, and i will be wearing onboard sneakers.....

Unless you feel the need to dress formal (completely your choice) you will fit in with no problem wearing "resort casual" or as I like to put it, just out for dinner with some friends at our local fav. restaurant.

Bring items to keep warm when it's cold and whatever keeps you cool when it gets hot, it's "freestyle" what ever turns your crank.

enjoy your cruise............ cheers...the Ump...:D

I sailed out of NY in November and December. Was able to sit out on deck and wear shorts and sandals once we got to Florida. However, nights were cool. I brought a couple of cardigan sweaters and a fleece jacket (left the winter coat at home), and several pairs of slacks. They came in handy when walking out on decks at night. Figure that you'll dress in layers the first 2 nights and last sea day. Hope this helps.

We did an Oct and I brought a fleece and a windbreaker for being out on deck and the whole parking lot to ship experience.

You're really going to be inside most of the time on day 1 & day 7 so I don't think you need your heavy winter gear. I personally would leave the shorts home and stick with capri's and long skirts (but I'm always cold) then I'd have a cardigan and sweatshirt in case it's cold in the evening at your destination.