Veendam-Anyone ever had this cabin type?

Sirdar

Just received my cabin assignment for 14 day Bermuda and New England -Canada cruise of June 6. We took our chance this time with a guarantee and was assigned Cabin 507 on the Main deck right up in the bow with portholes. Not happy BUT can't complain-you pay your money and you take your chance. This will be our 6th cruise on Veendam but we have never had such a cabin.

I would appreciate any feedback regarding this cabin type and location. Will the pitch be very noticeable/ Noise issues? Cabin configuration?

Any feed back or advice s appreciated

Last summer we had cabin 707 on the Veendam which is directly below your cabin 507. We actually chose that cabin because of the excellent rate being offered, but I'll admit that I was concerned about motion, noise, lack of light, etc. It turned out that I had nothing to worry about--especially concerning motion. I am very sensitive to both noise and motion, but I slept like a baby in this cabin.

Our cabin 707 was a bit longer than your cabin 507, but I imagine that's the only difference. The head of the bed was situated under the portholes but there was a "shelf" between the bed and the portholes, so the bed is not directly under them. (This is due to the shape of this ship.) There is a room darkening curtain behind the head of the bed that you can draw if you don't want light coming in from the portholes.

Going from the bed toward the door was a desk and chair on the right and a sofa and table on the left. Continuing toward the door was the closet on the right and the bathroom on the left.

I really enjoyed our cozy, quiet cabin #707 and I hope you enjoy #507.

Edited by GradUT

Last summer we had cabin 707 on the Veendam which is directly below your cabin 507. We actually chose that cabin because of the excellent rate being offered, but I'll admit that I was concerned about motion, noise, lack of light, etc. It turned out that I had nothing to worry about--especially concerning motion. I am very sensitive to both noise and motion, but I slept like a baby in this cabin.

Our cabin 707 was a bit longer than your cabin 507, but I imagine that's the only difference. The head of the bed was situated under the portholes but there was a "shelf" between the bed and the portholes, so the bed is not directly under them. There is a room darkening curtain behind the head of the bed that you can draw if you don't want light coming in from the portholes.

Going from the bed toward the door was a desk and chair on the right and continuing toward the door was the closet on the right and the bathroom on the left.

I really enjoyed our cozy, quiet cabin #707 and I hope you enjoy #507.

Thanks for the response. I'm feeling a bit better about the assignment

707 is MUCH larger than 507.

We've been one cabin aft of 507 and it was small, perhaps 150 sq feet, certainly the smallest we ever had. Luckily this was only for 2 weeks.

These cabins are rather crowed, no sofa, but a chair, which makes for more room. Really, they are not bad and you do get the portholes. It is a matter of getting used to the small space as opposed to the larger outsides.

You may hear the anchor drop if you are tendering and sometimes you might hear the ropes on docking or perhaps the side thrusters.

Our cruise was quite calm, so we did not feel the seas at all. If you have some swell, you likely feel the pitch, but not as much as up higher.

I am wondering what you booked. Ours was an assignment from an MM booking.