Itinerary changes because of weather?

I'm booked to leave on Navigator this Sunday. I looked at the weather forecast and two of the three ports are expecting thunderstorms on the days we are scheduled to be there. Grand Cayman in particular looks pretty bad. There is an 80% chance of thunderstorms all next week. My question is, will they change to itinerary? If so, how soon do they usually do that? Has anyone had their itinerary changed? Where did you go as an alternative?

I'm booked to leave on Navigator this Sunday. I looked at the weather forecast and two of the three ports are expecting thunderstorms on the days we are scheduled to be there. Grand Cayman in particular looks pretty bad. There is an 80% chance of thunderstorms all next week. My question is, will they change to itinerary? If so, how soon do they usually do that? Has anyone had their itinerary changed? Where did you go as an alternative?

as long as its safe to dock or tender, you will make the port of call. They don't care if it's raining out. CocoCay gets canceled because high winds make it dangerous to tender. Unless its too rough to tender in Georgetown, you will make your stop. They hope you'll go and shop or stay on the ship and spend money.

I can obsess about the weather also, and it may very well rain all day. But my experience has been that 80% chance of storms means at some point during the day a storm will displace the sun for a little while. In April I got very tan from all those thunderstorms. ... go figure . Even the daily cruise compass couldn't get the weather report right [emoji13]

Take a look at the weather again this weekend, the weather will probably change. On one cruise it was supposed to rain every day an we had sprinkles on only one day. I don't even look anymore, because it changes so often.