Price Drop - Contacting PVP

megnut78

I typically do a mock booking on Carnival's website to check prices. However, I recently tried on Carnival & it showed everything in my category sold out. Went to a third party travel site & found cabins in the same category for a little less. Promptly submitted the price protection form & had approval within 24 hours. I've been able to get several drops for my upcoming cruise. Only one denial - and that was because I didn't pay attention to the category & was looking at a lower one. So that one was my bad anyway. I also use Cruise Critic's price drop alert, but I still check on my own. The alert doesn't seem to know the exact category of cabin to check, only the type.

• 3 weeks later...

After seeing a price drop for our November cruise, I submitted the price protection form and reached out to our pvp and haven't heard back from anyone. Is there a particular department I can follow up with?

I agree with another poster, if you call into Carnival anymore they will not do the price adjustment for you, they now tell you that they will walk you through the process of filling out the form online.

I don't know about that. My most recent price adjustment was over Memorial Day weekend, just a few days before you posted this, and my PVP took care of it immediately for me. I was probably on the phone for 1 minute and got the confirmation of the change within 5. (I guess he wasn't doing anything at the time)

I don't know about that. My most recent price adjustment was over Memorial Day weekend, just a few days before you posted this, and my PVP took care of it immediately for me. I was probably on the phone for 1 minute and got the confirmation of the change within 5. (I guess he wasn't doing anything at the time)

I also submitted a price protection form over Memorial day and received a response in literally 10 minutes. Fast forward to today....heard from my pvp but didn't get the price match as the sale ended yesterday. Next time I will email and include a screenshot. Still can't figure out why the price match department didn't reply yesterday.

If you have already paid your cruise in full this doesn't count, right?

O if you paid it STILL COUNTS! I had a interior room and was upgraded to a Balcony and $150 On Board Credit! I submitted the form - got denied, call my PVP to verify = she confirmed and told me what to say = got denied again. emailed my pvp saying someone was not doing their job = she got it done for me. Just fight for what's right :D Enjoy!

I emailed the lady that booked our cruise yesterday and she hasn't returned my email. Looks like the price has dropped around $10. But hey $20 OBC would be nice! Guess I'll go to their website and figure out how to submit the form since she won't return my email

What is and where can i find cruise critic price alert

Cruise critic price alert is an alert you sign up for regarding a specific cruise/sail date. You can sign up on cruise critic home page under the "Deals" tab.....price drop.

If you have already paid your cruise in full this doesn't count, right?

If you are paid in full, you may qualify for an on board credit or upgrades if you booked early saver.

I emailed the lady that booked our cruise yesterday and she hasn't returned my email. Looks like the price has dropped around $10. But hey $20 OBC would be nice! Guess I'll go to their website and figure out how to submit the form since she won't return my email

Just do a search for carnival price protection form. That's what you need to submit.

On every cruise I have booked with my PVP, he always asks me to provide him with a PIN number, which he attaches to the booking. This way, if I ever have an issue while my PVP is unavailable I will be able to talk to anyone else, and by using my PIN the new person can access my booking.

I have never had to use this system, but it is nice to know it is available.

• 1 year later...