can mini-bar fridge hold meds?

Does anyone know if the mini-bar in the standard rooms at D'angleterre in Copenhagen includes a small fridge that we can put meds (2 autopens)?

Trying to determine if we need to contact hotel in advance to make arrangements. In Venice our hotel room did not but the hotel was more than happy to store our satchel with the pens in their kitchen coolers. That was great but also surprising they would be that accommodating.

Thanks,

Cheryl

Edited by cruznbelle

Does anyone know if the mini-bar in the standard rooms at D'angleterre in Copenhagen includes a small fridge that we can put meds (2 autopens)?

Trying to determine if we need to contact hotel in advance to make arrangements. In Venice our hotel room did not but the hotel was more than happy to store our satchel with the pens in their kitchen coolers. That was great but also surprising they would be that accommodating.

Thanks,

Cheryl

I stayed there one night some years ago, but was too drunk to remember the mini-bar, as I had been too long in the main bar and the one next door. Sorry.

Suggest you contact the Concierge in the hotel in advance to double check on the fridge situation.

It's a really nice hotel, possibly the top one in CPH. The blue-tiled restaurant is a particular delight.

While I do not know specifically about this hotel I do work in the hotel industry. Most minibars do not maintain a constant temperature and would not be safe to keep medicine in. Minibars will fluctuate temperatures and begin cooling when they reach the higher temp. I would play it safe and contact the hotel ahead of time.

I agree that the temps in the mini frig generally aren't kept cold enough. More just for cooling, not keeping things cold. Check with the hotel itself and see what they can offer.

Edited by eandj

Thanks all! I will contact the hotel directly... Actually it's more important the pens don't get too cool... but also don't stay too warm for an extended period if that makes sense... so a mini bar fridge would be 'okay' if it's cool to cold...unfortunately on our last trip even my hubby's airline (37 yrs and counting) doesn't allow us to keep meds in the airplane cooler which would be ideal.. not sure about Icelandair but I imagine they are all the same... so by the time we reach Copenhagen the pens will be a bit warm despite the cooling packs and satchel... cruise ships on the other hand are completely set to handle the meds - they will keep them, dispose of the pens - the whole 9 yards... it's just getting the meds there without degrading them... otherwise his arthritis will flare and he will suffer... Only negative to long trips over the pond... :(

Thanks again!

Edited by cruznbelle