CityView trolley tours Boston

denatravels

Any info on this company? There is a current groupon and I'm deciding between this and Old Town Trolley.

Any info from past experience on these two similar tours would be helpful.

We had a poor experience in Boston with one company, I will not name them - slow to depart, transferred to other buses followed by another wait before leaving. Finally demanded money back after an hour and even got authorities involved.

We then bought tickets with the larger company and were not disappointed at all - Old Town has more buses, more frequent stops and from what we experienced is by far the better company.

We had a poor experience in Boston with one company, I will not name them - slow to depart, transferred to other buses followed by another wait before leaving. Finally demanded money back after an hour and even got authorities involved.

You are allowed to review a tour that you were on. It would be helpful information so that others (or myself) don't make the same mistake.

We then bought tickets with the larger company and were not disappointed at all - Old Town has more buses, more frequent stops and from what we experienced is by far the better company.

You are allowed to review a tour that you were on. It would be helpful information so that others (or myself) don't make the same mistake.

Exactly. roy's post is useless without a name, in fact all it does is scare people to think there's a random bad company there AND IT MIGHT BE THE ONE I'M BOOKING WITH!!! Helps no one at all.

Exactly. roy's post is useless without a name, in fact all it does is scare people to think there's a random bad company there AND IT MIGHT BE THE ONE I'M BOOKING WITH!!! Helps no one at all.

I did some research on trip advisor-- I'm glad I did. I decided that the Go Boston card wasn't worth it given the poor reviews of THAT trolley company. I went with Old Town Trolley-- I liked the fact that they will pick up at the cruise port. They also offer a 100% guarantee at any time-- I spoke to them on the phone today and I was pleased with what I heard.

That's what I like about Cruise Critic... I made a mistake and got criticised for it and accept I should have named and shamed. Of course it was CityView as they were the subject of the original post.

Thank you Cruise Critic for the right of reply - I stand by my original comment that we eventually found an excellent service from Old Town.

I did some research on trip advisor-- I'm glad I did. I decided that the Go Boston card wasn't worth it given the poor reviews of THAT trolley company. I went with Old Town Trolley-- I liked the fact that they will pick up at the cruise port. They also offer a 100% guarantee at any time-- I spoke to them on the phone today and I was pleased with what I heard.

When we were on a cruise to Boston in October a few years ago, I got online tickets for Old Town Trolley because they were the only ones who had a stop by the terminal. When we got there, everything started out great, but around stop 3 or 4, the driver told us that a few stops would be closed that day because of a marathon. Stop 15 by the State House wasn't supposed to be one of them, but we waited there for quite a while and our trolley never came. We called them, and they said it was closed and that we would have to go down Charles Street to Stop 6 (the Trolley Store). We told them we couldn't go down that way because we could see the marathon there. We were directed to go across Boston Common to that stop. When we arrived there, the man at the Trolley Store told us that one was also closed so we would have to go to another one (#17, quite a walk away). We asked why we hadn't been told about this when we purchased the tickets, and he said they didn't know about it. Really?!! It was too big to be a last minute thing. By that time we were quite upset and afraid we weren't going to be back to the ship in time. He told us there was a 100% guarantee and that I should contact them when I got home. I e-mailed them; they refunded our money and sent us some coupons. Even with all of that, I would not hesitate to use them again and probably will when we return in October.

That's what I like about Cruise Critic... I made a mistake and got criticised for it and accept I should have named and shamed. Of course it was CityView as they were the subject of the original post.

Thank you Cruise Critic for the right of reply - I stand by my original comment that we eventually found an excellent service from Old Town.

Was I supposed to guess that it was cityview? Apparently so! I thought I was very respectful in my response to you, despite you simply just stirring the pot.

I have re-read my posts and realised that I actually forgot to apologise for my poorly constructed original post.

So - I am very sorry that my original post was poorly constructed - CityView offered a poor service and Old Town a very good one.

I sincerely hope that everyone who has contributed to this thread finds a trolley bus company with which they are satisfied.

I have re-read my posts and realised that I actually forgot to apologise for my poorly constructed original post.

So - I am very sorry that my original post was poorly constructed - CityView offered a poor service and Old Town a very good one.

I sincerely hope that everyone who has contributed to this thread finds a trolley bus company with which they are satisfied.

You did fine, Roy. A couple of people told you that you could criticize a company that offered poor service, so you came back and offered the company's name. Good for you! I'm sure it will help people who are considering City View.

We had a similar problem to the one experienced by Texilady. We booked online with Old Town Trolley for an October excursion, only to find out upon reaching the stop by the Black Falcon pier that there was a Columbus Day parade through the City, and the trolley was ceasing operations for the day. There were 6 of us waiting at the stop, all booked online, and when we expressed our "frustration" that the company should have posted something on their website or contacted us, the driver of the trolley let us all board and took us on a private tour through areas of Boston not normally seen on the tours. It was a fabulous tour, and when we wrote to the company to commend their driver, we were sent coupons for a free future tour. We will always be fans of Old Town Trolley.