Cave Tubing With Reggie

als310

My bf and I just went cave tubing with Reggie Sept 8. It was wonderful! Jahmai (I think Reggie's son) was our guide. We got off the ship about an hour after we were supposed to, because Carnival lets everyone who has booked through them off first (side note - don't yell at the poor little girl who has to keep order - she DID NOT make the rules!) But it's not a big deal at all. Reggie emailed me the directions to his spot, and it was so easy to find! The first thing Jahmai asked us was what time we'd be comfortable getting back to port, since so many people were worried about missing the boat back. He then waited around about a half hour to make sure no one else showed up, then off we went. It did end up being just the 2 of us, which was really cool, because the Carnival groups had about 40! And even the other outside companies had groups of 20 or so, it seemed. So ours was really personal and nice! He talked about history and politics of Belize on the hour trip out to the caves, showed us some sights, and also talked about anything and everything we wanted, very personable and easy to talk to. Well, when we finally reached the caves, all the Carnival groups were heading back b/c they didn't feel it was safe due to slight rain (and since they had 40 people per guide). However we waited around for a while until the park determined that we were good to go, and were one of the few groups that actually got to go cave tubing! (And it the water was not high at all, and the current was not very strong, so we were in no danger!) The first thing you do is walk about 30 minutes through the rain forest, and Jahmai even carried my tube for me! I felt kinda bad about that, since I'm mid 20's in decent shape, but I guess since he's probably around the same age and used to it, he's in even better shape ;) . But we got into the caves and Jahmai let us get out at a point where the current was very weak and walk around on the rocks (he made sure to ask what kind of shape we were in and if we liked to hike before he suggested this) but it was really cool to get to do that! We got to go through the extra caves that Carnival doesn't go through, so got more for our money! Then when we got back to the park, Jahmai talked to the kitchen and they made us this awesome meal of barbeque chicken, rice, pasta salad, garlic toast, and a banana muffin for $5! Better than some of the things I ate on the ship, and thats hard to beat! All in all, I'd definitely recommend going through Reggie! Oh by the way we paid $50 each for this excursion - I think Carnival's was $90 each, and I heard they had to pay $40 just for the ride and crossing the river, and they didn't get to go......not sure if thats true, just overhearing things but.....Anyways, if anyone has any questions you can email me at april_s@adelphia.net.

I went Cave Tubing 3 years? ago with Reggie, he was amazing. I recommend him to anyone I know going to Belize. He walked us up to a private let in area, so we didn't have to deal with the masses from the ship. He's up to $50 now? he was $40 when I went. Good for him though! he's still WAY undercutting the Cruise lines.

My wife and I booked with Yhany for tubing, the big plus for us was it is $45/pp but he doesn't accept any payment until after the tour....so if something should happen (to be read, slept in or the such) we are out $0 Also have seen glowing reviews about him in numerous places. Quick to respond to everything I asked him.

I read somewhere about the river being higher/faster than other times of the year, i was wondering if anyone knew about it in april? is it the rainy season? if so, would that make it higher/faster?

• 1 month later...

I have been looking through all the posts and it seems that the top companies are the following

cave-tubing.com

belizecruiseexcursions.com

Can anyone tell me if any of these go through the caves inside as well as out. It looks like belizecruiseexcursions cost more but they do an X-treme tour. Help I am going in a week and need to book the best.

Thanks.:)

Archived