Freedom or oasis?

Okay, the first two considerations for me would be price and convenience. Whichever gives the most value for the money and is most convenient would get my vote. We did Freedom in late April. I found there was plenty to do. I love Grand Cayman. I don't know if I love it enough that it would bother me if I did not go there. But it is my favorite port on the Western Itinerary.

I have not been on Oasis or Allure. I am waiting for Oasis and Freedom to switch locations- when Oasis comes to Port Canaveral and Freedom goes south. That's purely for convenience sake for me though.

I may be the only person who makes a vote for Freedom first. My rationale is this. If your kids have never cruised before, there is plenty to do on Freedom. They will not be bored by any means. If you start them out on Oasis, you may find they never try any of the smaller ships. There are benefits to both ships I think. The smaller ships can go to smaller ports. With a flow rider, rock wall, basketball court, mini golf, ice skating, karaoke, clubs, and plenty of great excursions, I feel like Freedom has a lot to offer- especially for a "first cruise" experience.

I can see that Oasis has a lot more to offer as far as activities, but I think Freedom has plenty to do.

I have not done Oasis yet, so I cannot offer a comparison. I cannot wait to try her, and anxiously anticipate the switch. We are booking on Oasis in March 2017.

In the end, it's your vacation, your time and your money. Go with what makes YOU happy.