Freedom or oasis?

We are a family of four, My husband and I have cruised before our kid's 21 and 22 have never cruised. We are currently taking them in March on the Freedom western itinerary. I'm debating if they might have a better time on the Oasis of the sea's, My husband and I have only sailed the Freedom class and enjoyed it very much, but Port Canveral seem's to be not as convenient as Fort Lauderdale was for us, My question is if we moved to the Oasis will missing Grande Cayman be a huge loss?? Also because the Oasis is such a huge ship does it take away from the real feeling of being on a cruise??

I vote Oasis too! Freedom is a lovely ship, but the experience on the Oasis is amazing ... and worth missing Grand Cayman, in my opinion. Grand Cayman is lovely, but so are other ports. Trust me, you still know you're on a cruise! It's incredible with all those people onboard, but we've never felt like there were ... must be all the different venues, but we've found both the Oasis and the Allure very relaxing, even with all the 'bling'! :) Happy Sailing no matter what you decide!

Based on a cruise on Allure two years' ago with my kids in their 20s (all experienced cruisers), I'd vote Oasis. My 20s' kids were busy all the time, and really enjoyed the large ship experience.

It seems to be unanimous for Oasis, that's understandable. One other consideration is that these ships swap home ports in the fall of 2016. If you prefer Ft Lauderdale sail on Oasis now while she is there and take Freedom after she moves to FTL.

Another vote for the Oasis! I just returned from the Oasis yesterday, and we did the Western itinerary. Sure, Grand Cayman would have been nice to visit, but I would not pick Freedom over Oasis just to go there.

We had an amazing time on the Oasis. I was also nervous about feeling like we weren't on a ship, but I didn't feel that way at all. I loved it so much, we're booking the Allure for next year!

It seems everyone is voting for Oasis and I'll agree, there would be more to do on Oasis, for me personally, the rock wall is better and I love the track, but I will still go against he grain and vote for Freedom ! It's hard to beat the 4 stops and I know the price is a lot less than Oasis! We really enjoy Grand Cayman and usually do either the sting ray or turtle farm excursions. This year will be our 7th trip on Freedom and till plan on doing Oasis, but for us, we really love the ship and the itinerary of Freedom.

I would recommend the Oasis, there is so much to do on that ship.

We have been on it twice, and always enjoyed ourselves.

We have not been on Freedom yet, but are booked for 2016.

But we have been on the Liberty twice,(same class ship) also enough activities to keep you occupied.

Which ever you decide on, you children won't be disappointed.

It would depend on the age of the kids. I just got back yesterday and my experience was not good on Oasis and I will not sail it again. I love the Freedom class ships and will have a special place for them . The nursery staff and kids club staff are far superior on Freedom compared to Oasis

The Grand Caymans is beautiful but it was a goat rope for us. We were on FOS and we were Eastern and got switched to Western because of a storm.

All our excursions changed.

I will tell you this: The American dollar is worth about 80 cents on the island. So I say, the other islands are just as beautiful and go on The Oasis.

I love FOS and would go on it again for sure, but I really want to do Oasis.

Having sailed the Oasis class ship twice (Allure) and the Freedom of the Seas twice, I would always pick the Oasis class ship.

So much to do and see.

I did enjoy Grand Cayman, but having that extra sea day to explore is worth it.

Good luck on your own decision.

Sea Ya

Thank you everyone for your wonderful replies! I have been going over and over in my mind about what to do about this for week's now. My husband and I had such a wonderful time on The Independence this past March,I really wanted our kids to have the same experience. With that being said I think I might of rushed to book this cruise on the Freedom coming off my " Cruise High". I might not of thought things through. I probably will be switching over to the Oasis😃

Again Thank you!

As someone who has sailed on both ships, let me add to the chorus of people calling for Oasis. Your 21 and 22-year-old kids will agree, especially with all the entertainment & dining options available to all of you.

We are a family of four, My husband and I have cruised before our kid's 21 and 22 have never cruised. We are currently taking them in March on the Freedom western itinerary. I'm debating if they might have a better time on the Oasis of the sea's, My husband and I have only sailed the Freedom class and enjoyed it very much, but Port Canveral seem's to be not as convenient as Fort Lauderdale was for us, My question is if we moved to the Oasis will missing Grande Cayman be a huge loss?? Also because the Oasis is such a huge ship does it take away from the real feeling of being on a cruise??

I've done and loved both classes twice. If you have never been to Grand Caymen, try that. Which ever you cruise, do the other next