Muster drill on Breeze

We're trying to figure out if we need to make special arrangements for our son for the muster drill.

On Breeze, do you have to go out to the actual lifeboats? Are there muster stations where you stand in a crowd the whole time?

He will be fine if we are in a lounge/dining room /bar. We can get there early and get him a secure feeling spot.

Just trying to be prepared so any information would be helpful.

Hi,

I can say with a high degree of certainty that passengers for the muster drill on the breeze go to either a lounge or one of the dining rooms. That is what we did on the breeze (forward dining room).

We're trying to figure out if we need to make special arrangements for our son for the muster drill.

On Breeze, do you have to go out to the actual lifeboats? Are there muster stations where you stand in a crowd the whole time?

He will be fine if we are in a lounge/dining room /bar. We can get there early and get him a secure feeling spot.

Just trying to be prepared so any information would be helpful.

You really do not have a choice of where to go since your station is assigned and is written on the back of your cabin door. Some times you can be assigned to a lounge and other times to an outside deck. You do not go into life boats. If you are on an outside deck, you do stand in rows and it lasts about 15 minutes or soon although with young children it would probably seem like an hour. They do take special care of the handicapped so I imagine they would give you special consideration if you had a problems with the child. They try and keep it orderly and ask that you do not hold loud conversations so they can give their message. I don't think getting their early would do much good and would just add to the timing.

If your son cannot be around crowds, please inform the Special Needs dept.

They do an excellent job with children - we had a private mustard drill in the library with the assistant CD.

But the regular mustard drill is very comfortable in the dining rooms or theater.

All muster stations on The Breeze are held inside , Theater , dining room,and clubs , The days of standing on outside decks in rows are gone on the newer ships .

Thank you, this is exactly the information I needed. dono72, thank you as well.

If your son cannot be around crowds, please inform the Special Needs dept.

They do an excellent job with children - we had a private mustard drill in the library with the assistant CD.

But the regular mustard drill is very comfortable in the dining rooms or theater.

Yes, we have worked with them in the past and I agree that they are awesome. He has made a lot of progress though so as long as we are not crowded into squished groups of people, I am confident he will be okay.

Richfret, I am aware that we don't have a choice in where to go, however, as I mentioned, I needed to figure out if we'd need to set up alternate arrangements. Thanks, though.

does CCL still require everyone in the cabin to show up with lifejackets?

On dcl it was great, on our first we were inside, no lifejackets, only one member of your cabin was required to check in. It was great! DD and I waited inside, while dh was outside in the cold.

On RCL, we all had to show up and were outside.

It's been so long since I've to attend muster on CCL. I skipped all after my first one. But with kid, blah, gotta be responsible and all that.

We just sailed on the breeze. It was in the dining room - but... Waiting to get into the dining room was absurd. I actually approached one of the crew members bc our little guy can't take large crowds either. We ended up standing in the corner and made him some breathing room by blocking him off with our bodies. The crew member was of no help, she looked at me like i was nuts. My suggestion is to either call guest services and tell them, or be the last person there lol. We were able to snag a table next to a window, and lo sat in the window during muster.

No life jackets needed.

Also, yes guest services can change your muster station. We sailed on the sensation in March and our muster station was changed to the lounge. And yes, they marched everyone from the lounge (I'm assuming) to outside. We were able to stay in the lounge during that.

When sailing with wife's 90 yr old father, our room steward told us to just stay in the cabin for the drill. I assume he just marked our cabin as checked. I do wonder what happened when we didn't show up. We never heard anything about it, so I guess those missing the drill are not followed up. Anybody ever checked on for missing the pre-sailing lifeboat drill? Just curious.

When sailing with wife's 90 yr old father, our room steward told us to just stay in the cabin for the drill. I assume he just marked our cabin as checked. I do wonder what happened when we didn't show up. We never heard anything about it, so I guess those missing the drill are not followed up. Anybody ever checked on for missing the pre-sailing lifeboat drill? Just curious.

It's not a good idea to just skip the drill without special permission and a separate muster. Nowadays, they enforce it,and you can be put off the ship for not attending... i know for a fact that some have been debarked...