Just off Epic urgent help needed

trfccruiser

Hi just back off Epic we had a fab time but my wife has left her engagement ring behind.Tried phoning NCL emergency number but told nothing can be done till tomorrow.I'm guessing not but is there any way of getting hold of the ship to find it?Hope someone can help.

I'll post my thoughts soon just want to get the ring back...

Hi just back off Epic we had a fab time but my wife has left her engagement ring behind.Tried phoning NCL emergency number but told nothing can be done till tomorrow.I'm guessing not but is there any way of getting hold of the ship to find it?Hope someone can help.

I would call your homeowner's insurance (if you have it) ASAP and get a claim started. :(

Unfortunately, it is unlikely that your wife will get her ring back. Sorry to hear she made this mistake. I assume you have insured the ring and can get it reimbursed and she will be able to get a new one, maybe even an upgrade!

Here's how to call the ship:

Dial 1.888.NC SHIPS (627.4477), select the ship, and enter your credit card information. Please use American Express, MasterCard and Discover Card, only. Calls are limited to 10 minutes. Once connected, dial:

Epic 2#

Enter your credit card number followed by the pound sign. As of 2010, you may use a Visa, American Express, MasterCard, Discover, Diners Club, JCB or Carte Blanche credit card. You will be charged $7.95 per minute once you are connected to the ship and there is a maximum allotment of 10 minutes per call.

Give the party's name with whom you wish to speak once you are connected with the ship. You will be transferred to the ship's state room. If desired, leave a message if they don't answer. They can call you back using the satellite phone.

You might try ship's security or the Purser's desk.

Like I said, I don't hold out much hope that your wife will get her ring back.

OP, did you keep the Epic's Freestyle Dailies - look there for the contact names & telephone numbers of their port agents; and, try calling one of them to see if they can call the ship directly or give you the phone # to call - with the outside extension for Guest Services (lost & found are turned into & logged by GS, we found a ring outside the MDR last year and turned it over to them - they keep a record of such items). Port Agents are the ones to call when you missed the ship & left on the pier, and, they work with ship operations to do what's necessary to catch up at the next port, etc.

If not, someone else who sailed recently on the Epic, maybe someone from the Rollcall might have the above info and post it here.

Good luck - reminded me of claim by someone leaving their fancy Rolex on of the Dawn's public restroom - and, they're paging all guests to help in "finding" and returning it to GS, no questions asked, etc.

Hi unfortunately I diligently threw all the dailies away!I tried phoning the agents listed on the Barcelona port website but none were answering,thought agents were supposed to be there in emergencies!She either left it in the opened safe or a ledge in the stateroom.Tried phoning the ship number and it said unless you are trying to contact a passenger please hang up!

Hi unfortunately I diligently threw all the dailies away!I tried phoning the agents listed on the Barcelona port website but none were answering,thought agents were supposed to be there in emergencies!She either left it in the opened safe or a ledge in the stateroom.Tried phoning the ship number and it said unless you are trying to contact a passenger please hang up!

I would assume someone is now in your former stateroom, did you call it and ask them if they found a ring? They could also ask your cabin steward on your behalf. Just an idea - Explain you just got off the ship and leave a contact phone number and address if you must leave a message - that would be a way to get through.

Try social media. Maybe ncl on twitter or fb. Perhaps some employee is monitoring those sites on a Sunday. Maybe the cd has twitter or fb. I really hope you get the ring back!

Thanks I've posted on both fingers crossed!

I wouldn't hold my breath to getting it back. My mother, in her post-chemo haze, forgot about $10K worth of jewelry in her stateroom safe. We called lost-and-found a few hours later when we realized it. And called every time the ship returned to port. Unfortunately to no avail. The worst part is obviously not the cost, but -- for some reason, against our advice -- she brought with her items with lots of sentimental and family value.

Hope better luck for you guys.

I've asked my friends to check at guest services, but only through a FB message, so I'm not sure when they will see it. Hopefully they'll see it sooner rather than later, but the cabin # will likely help.

Hi thanks so much I've sent you a message on facebook with the details.

Don't give up! On a cuise some years ago a friends wife left her $10,000 gold Omega necklace on the bed and got off the ship. The steward found it, and came running after her.

That was on NCL many years ago on the Norwegian Crown

One of my friends is going to guest services first thing before their shift starts tomorrow. He just read the message as he was going to sleep. Fingers crossed that there will be some good news.

Hi Suitecruiser thanks for all your help so far.It was in the safe but my concern is that with the quite high lip it will not be seen unless a detailed inspection is made.NCL have replied via facebook to say they will help and advising me to call guest relations and I am waiting for guest relations to open at 9 a.m. in the Uk to call.

it is a real shame,I just hope that if it hasn't been handed in NCL are prepared to ask the new occupants to check their safe as it wouldn't be obviously spotted.I'll keep you updated!Thanks again.

Quick update I've spoken to London Guest Relations who were very helpful.It is a question of it having been spotted by a stateroom check and as I say my concern is that it would not be spotted by sight only by "feel" so I hope it's possible for that to be done but recognise that is quite a big ask.

Quick update I've spoken to London Guest Relations who were very helpful.It is a question of it having been spotted by a stateroom check and as I say my concern is that it would not be spotted by sight only by "feel" so I hope it's possible for that to be done but recognise that is quite a big ask.

Still have my fingers crossed for you! Very nerve racking just to read this. :eek: