Just off Epic urgent help needed

trfccruiser

Hi many thanks to those of you wishing us luck and especially to Suitecruiser who asked her friend working onboard to ask.Unfortunately,it appears that they got the line I was dreading"nothing has been handed in".I've reported it to UK and US guest relations but heard nothing back at all officially.If anyone from NCL is reading this,please listen.This is my wife's engaement and eternity ring.We will have been married 30 years in July,they mean a lot to us.

Sensitively handled is it not possible to ask the new occupants of my stateroom to check their safe?It's not accusing them of anything but these items would not be seen, you would need to feel them.It's so important,please help.

Hi many thanks to those of you wishing us luck and especially to Suitecruiser who asked her friend working onboard to ask.Unfortunately,it appears that they got the line I was dreading"nothing has been handed in".I've reported it to UK and US guest relations but heard nothing back at all officially.If anyone from NCL is reading this,please listen.This is my wife's engaement and eternity ring.We will have been married 30 years in July,they mean a lot to us.

Sensitively handled is it not possible to ask the new occupants of my stateroom to check their safe?It's not accusing them of anything but these items would not be seen, you would need to feel them.It's so important,please help.

Oh no...

These rings are somewhere. Are you positive that you left them in the safe? Why can't they just check the safe? I agree...it can be tactfully done.

My wife though she feels terrible she has left them behind and knows it is her fault is 100% sure she left them in the safe.So,they are either still there undetected because the safe hasn't been used or the new occupants have put stuff in and not spotted them which is perfectly possible.

I really hope common sense can prevail.If anyone can help me I'd be so grateful!

Try going to the roll call for this weeks cruise, see if you can post on there to see if anyone is on there, may be able to help or reach out to them. Also, like others said, try calling the room on the ship directly. GL.

Try going to the roll call for this weeks cruise, see if you can post on there to see if anyone is on there, may be able to help or reach out to them. Also, like others said, try calling the room on the ship directly. GL.

Hi the roll calls seem to disappear as soon as the cruise has started,I have tried ringing the ship twice now via the automated pay system.I had dead space for a while and was then cut off.I have been billed for 2 substantial amounts and never got through!I am wary of doing it again

Hi the roll calls seem to disappear as soon as the cruise has started,I have tried ringing the ship twice now via the automated pay system.I had dead space for a while and was then cut off.I have been billed for 2 substantial amounts and never got through!I am wary of doing it again

Hi I've found the roll call but Suitecruiser has kindly put a message on there already,I might put another one on..

I am so sorry this has happened. I wish I had seen this before I got off the ship on June 3rd. I can positively say that it was not in our safe. I ripped the poor thing apart when I thought I had misplaced a pair of earrings. They had slipped under the felt lining on the bottom of the safe!

Not sure what stateroom you were in but I was in 17029.

And while I know this doesn't help much, please remember rings can be replaced. I learned this the hard way as well. The rings I have now mean no less to me than the one that was lost. (Of course, that didn't prevent me from doing everything possible to find the lost one.) But should the worst happen, think how special you could make that 30th anniversary coming up! My DH bought me the most beautiful eternity ring and upgraded my diamond for our 30th which was back in Jan., so technically, what I wear today is not what was presented on my wedding day. It still carries the same, if not more, sentiment, though, because of the 30 years they represent.

Good luck to you. I sincerely hope the ring is found.

Edited by tarps14

Do not give up hope. We had a ring left in our cabin safe. A few days into the cruise our cabin attendant stopped in and ask to check the safe - we had not used it. Sure enough, the ring was there and soon on its way back to its owner. The NCL lost and found process took a few days but did work. r/Don

And while I know this doesn't help much, please remember rings can be replaced. I learned this the hard way as well. The rings I have now mean no less to me than the one that was lost. (Of course, that didn't prevent me from doing everything possible to find the lost one.) But should the worst happen, think how special you could make that 30th anniversary coming up! My DH bought me the most beautiful eternity ring and upgraded my diamond for our 30th which was back in Jan., so technically, what I wear today is not what was presented on my wedding day. It still carries the same, if not more, sentiment, though, because of the 30 years they represent.

Good luck to you. I sincerely hope the ring is found.

What a beautiful sentiment!

Sending prayers...do not give up..and remember, know it is the sentiment lost that you can replace in special way as said in worse case scenario; and I like so many little things and memories I am the worst at these losses..way too much a collector and memento gal so I get it....try to think....inbetween frustrations....you do have each other; the important thing.....xxxooo Sarah Edited by sjn911

[quote name='philhar']Hi the roll calls seem to disappear as soon as the cruise has started,I have tried ringing the ship twice now via the automated pay system.I had dead space for a while and was then cut off.I have been billed for 2 substantial amounts and never got through!I am wary of doing it again[/QUOTE]

There is the central automated call system where you dial one number and then select your ship. There is also an international call direct number for each ship. I needed to reach my parents while they were cruising and has the same dead space and cut off experience. ask guest relations for the international direct number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi I've posted a separate update the rings have not been found unfortunately.I have asked if it just the case of them not being handed in or if the safe has been checked,or could be checked on changeover day but have received no reply to that request.Rather disappointing,but our fault ultimately.

[quote name='tarps14']And while I know this doesn't help much, please remember rings can be replaced. I learned this the hard way as well. The rings I have now mean no less to me than the one that was lost. (Of course, that didn't prevent me from doing everything possible to find the lost one.) But should the worst happen, think how special you could make that 30th anniversary coming up! My DH bought me the most beautiful eternity ring and upgraded my diamond for our 30th which was back in Jan., so technically, what I wear today is not what was presented on my wedding day. It still carries the same, if not more, sentiment, though, because of the 30 years they represent.

Good luck to you. I sincerely hope the ring is found.[/QUOTE]
Hi Tarps 14 thanks for your message,you are so right.I still hope we can be reunited with them but people are way more important than things.My wife is insistent she doesn't want them replaced if they don't turn up.,but not for the first time in 30 years I plan to ignore her advice:)
(It doesn't happen that often-honest!)

[quote name='sjn911']Sending prayers...do not give up..and remember, know it is the sentiment lost that you can replace in special way as said in worse case scenario; and I like so many little things and memories I am the worst at these losses..way too much a collector and memento gal so I get it....try to think....inbetween frustrations....you do have each other; the important thing.....xxxooo Sarah[/QUOTE]
Hi sjn911 you are so right,My Dad was always keen to remind that people matter way more than things and both my wife and I are big subscribers to this.It's sad but not the end of the world and we will celebrate 30 wonderful years together soon.
If you are listening NCL another cruise would help take the pain away,but I'd swap many many cruises to be reunited with the rings and I LOVE cruises!
:)