Cagney's on Norwegian jade?

Perez1992

Yes, we always order 3 shrimp cocktail each as you only get three per order and we skip desert but have dined with friends that had had 2/3 deserts and shared them.

The deserts are with a doubt far better than the buffet and main dining rooms as they all seem to taste like there made for diabetics.

You can have more than one appetizer and dessert, but remember you are about to eat a lot of meat, so don't overdo it!

The smallest portion of meat is an 8oz fillet mignon (buttery and lower in fat than other cuts but also lower in flavor due to the lack of fat) - normal size portion is 4 - 6 oz, at 8oz, this is a big fillet mignon, but they have an even larger one at 12oz. If you are watching your fat intake, this is the best choice. The 18oz bone in Ribeye is probably the "most bang for the buck" as it is highly marbled and one of the richest beefiest cuts. At 18oz, it's big enough to feed 3-4 people! However, if you are looking for the perfect combo of texture and flavor and value, this is the cut for you. The bone also adds flavor, which is why I recommend bone in over the one without the bone.

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/cagneys.pdf

BTW: Always order your steak Medium Rare if you want to eat the steak at optimal temperature for tenderness, flavor and juiciness. Cooked less (rare) and you lose flavor. Cooked more (Med - Well Done) and you lose tenderness, flavor and juiciness.

Ate in Cagneys twice. Was onboard Jade a few weeks ago. Yes you can have more than one item. The banana cream pie was excellent. Never saw this dessert and any of the other resturants.

Just a suggestion, if you are going to Cagneys for the Fillet Mignon, the same steak is served in Le Bistro for less money. When i did kitchen tour i asked the chef. He said both places serve same filet.

I also really want to try the Oreo cheesecake and creme brûlée

Do it!! The oreo cheesecake was really good.

That Oreo cheesecake is AMAZING.......and this from the girl who doesn't do dessert! :o

You had me at "Oreo."

Edited by bigAWL

• 1 month later...

I've only been on one cruise so far, and it was a ship with no specialty restaurants. I thought I read somewhere that in 2016 there would no longer be a surcharge to go to these restaurants, but instead they would charge per item/a la carte. I was curious as to how these work exactly and if anyone else knew more info on the switch? Fees/Pricing, reservations, menu options and such. I'll be cruising on the Jade in Jan '16. Thanks!