Need Advice for Name Changes on Cruise

karenh1127

Although I've been on 16/17 (lost count) cruises, I have never had to do name changes. We are going on the Freedom in 2 weeks and we have 3 cabins. Looks like my dad can't go so we want to make changes.

Now: cabin #1 dad, son

#2 me

#3 son, hubby

Change to: Cabin #1 son, son

cabin #2 me, hubby

#3 friend, her daughter

So what am I looking at for name change fees? Original bookings were all Early Saver. Cabins are paid in full including mine which I paid double occupancy. Thanks for any info!

So, basically Dad can't go and you want to add 2 new people? I think all of Dads money is pretty much gone since you are 2 weeks from sailing.

Cabin 1 - two options:

A. Dad, son, friend. Move to 3 person room. Pay 3rd person rate for new person, have dad be no show, and get his taxes back later. OR ...

B. Cancel dad. Pay cancellation fees - add friend who would pay 2nd person rate. Think this might be more expensive given how close to sailing.

Cabin 2: Add friends daughter to your cabin. Don't think there would be a charge since presumably you paid double already.

Cabin 3: leave as is

Once onboard - go to Guest Services and switch names around to how you want to sleep.

Good luck!

Edited by jenng1976

Although I've been on 16/17 (lost count) cruises, I have never had to do name changes. We are going on the Freedom in 2 weeks and we have 3 cabins. Looks like my dad can't go so we want to make changes.

#2 me

#3 son, hubby

cabin #2 me, hubby

#3 friend, her daughter

So what am I looking at for name change fees? Original bookings were all Early Saver. Cabins are paid in full including mine which I paid double occupancy. Thanks for any info!

For the least amount of ES fees

Cabin 1 --son, her daughter

Cabin 2--you, friend

Cabin 3-- son,hubby

This way only there is only one ES cancellation (out of cabin 1) and onboard you can change cabins or get room keys.

I was told that even with ES you can make a name change as long as one of the original people remain in the stateroom. I think the less movement on paper the better. Once on board everyone can move as needed.

With only two weeks to go I hope your cruise isn't at occupancy. Read about a lady not long ago that had a child (adult) on waitlist as her plans changed last minute and she wanted to go on the cruise too.

#2 me

#3 son, hubby

cabin #2 me, hubby

#3 friend, her daughter

Thanks for all the info. I'm waiting on my pvp to call me back. We have 3 (2 pp) cabins and only 4 pp going. I don't think occupancy will be an issue.

Looks like 6 people now going (original post "change to")

Regardless of Carnival rules, you read where all sorts of changes are sometimes allowed. Good luck.