Beach Question

crunchymidwife

My family is thinking about just going to the beach while in the Caymans. However, we don't want to pay the high prices for a beach excursion through the cruise line. Anyone have experience of getting off the boat and finding a taxi or bus or something that will take you to the beach for a couple hours and then back to the boat? Thanks!

We went to Royal Palms on Seven Mile Beach. Best beach on our cruise. Forget what the taxi cost, maybe $20 for four of us. I think there was a $2-3 per person entry fee and an additional charge to rent chairs and an umbrella. They also have a restaurant there as well. You should not have a problem getting a taxi, they'll be there waiting for you at the pier.

Hope this helped.

Enjoy your cruise.

Craig

The bus costs $2.50 pp....is fast and easy and reliable.....you don't need an excursion for beaches at hardly any port!!!

Sea Grape beach also has chair/umbrella rentals, food/drink, watersport rentals and restrooms! No entry fee...all the beaches are public!!!! At Royal Palms, you're paying for hotel fees.

At Royal Palms, you're paying for hotel fees.

Technically, you're paying a small $2 fee for the use of their facilities, which include restrooms, showers and an adults-only pool. It's not a hotel, so I'm not sure what you mean by "hotel fees" above.

We plan to do the same thing, just enjoy a local beach. I wonder which one is the least crowded, but most kid friendly!

By the way, I'm in school to be a midwife :)

Ask the driver to drop you off at a area on 7 Mile Beach called SeaGrape. As you walk towards the beach a nice family area will be to your left. You will see a playground, picnic tables under cover and restrooms. The other facility in the opposite direction is Calico Jacks Beach Bar.