First Timer.....What is covered on pre paid gratuity?

michellecru

Welcome to Cruise Critic!!!

It should cover all "standard tips". Waiter, assistant waiter, room steward. The head waiter and room service should be the only other tips you may need extra for.

Bar bills already have 15% included on the bill.

Hope it helps :)

Bobbie

I will give you a little hint. Pre-tip your room stewart and your waiter $20 or so and I think you will be very happy. They already bend over backwards for you but they will go the extra mile. I do this every cruise and I feel a bit more special even though I feel very special without doing it. I usually end up giving them the $20 + Regular Tip + $20 more. They have some people that don't tip at all so I try to make up for it a little bit by doing my part since I get great service anyway.

I have also brought a basket full of candy bars with a $20 bill burried in it and that actually got me a visit from the captain thanking me and inviting me to the captains table. I guess they tell others what you do for them. There are a bunch of great people working on the ships.

Just some suggestions.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!!!

It should cover all "standard tips". Waiter, assistant waiter, room steward. The head waiter and room service should be the only other tips you may need extra for.

Bar bills already have 15% included on the bill.

Hope it helps :)

Bobbie

Also baggage handlers at the pier, taxis and shore excursion guides. We always take lots of $1s to be prepared.

I just did the pre paid tips last month. It covers all of them, including the head waiter. You'll just need dollars for the things you would expect like room service and porters. All the ones the line gives suggestions for were taken care of. I received the papers early in the cruise and the envelopes before the last night.

I just did the pre paid tips last month. It covers all of them, including the head waiter. You'll just need dollars for the things you would expect like room service and porters. All the ones the line gives suggestions for were taken care of. I received the papers early in the cruise and the envelopes before the last night.

Where and how can you prepay tips?

We just got off the Caribbean Princess this past Saturday and were booked for the Carnival Glory for February, but after seeing the RCCL ship in port in St. Thomas, we decided to cancel the Glory and go on the Mariner! We are taking the kids this trip (10 and 12) so we are getting inside rooms on the 8th Deck. We are all very excited about going on this cruise!!! : )

When you pay your tips on your sail and sign card, do they automatically use the recommended daily amounts (so I can expect to have approx. $70 added to the account) or do they allow you to dictate the amounts you want to go to each person??

I have always paid in cash, but am curious about how this process works (as it would limit the amount of cash carried on hand).

Thank you! :)

They will put the "recommended" amount on your S&S account. You can adjust this amount by removing $$ or add more. To make it more personal you can pay all or all +extra in cash to the waitstaff/room steward.

I believe the staff is notified of the amount if it goes on your S&S account.

I will give you a little hint. Pre-tip your room stewart and your waiter $20 or so and I think you will be very happy. They already bend over backwards for you but they will go the extra mile. I do this every cruise and I feel a bit more special even though I feel very special without doing it. I usually end up giving them the $20 + Regular Tip + $20 more. They have some people that don't tip at all so I try to make up for it a little bit by doing my part since I get great service anyway.

I have also brought a basket full of candy bars with a $20 bill burried in it and that actually got me a visit from the captain thanking me and inviting me to the captains table. I guess they tell others what you do for them. There are a bunch of great people working on the ships.

Just some suggestions.

Cruise Nut:

To whom did you give this basket of candy?

Archived