Urgent: Ancient Wonders...anything we should know?

Hopefully booking for 15th June later this evening......but a couple of final questions before we do...

Anything we need to know about the itinerary such as towns and cities quoted being miles from the port?

Marmaris , Ship At Sea , Istanbul , Bozcaada , Kusadasi , Athens , Thira , Marmaris

Any safety issues or places overrun by vagabonds and ner do gooders? (i.e. Barcelonas 'Ramblas':mad:)

Many thanks...

Hopefully booking for 15th June later this evening......but a couple of final questions before we do...

Anything we need to know about the itinerary such as towns and cities quoted being miles from the port?

Marmaris , Ship At Sea , Istanbul , Bozcaada , Kusadasi , Athens , Thira , Marmaris

Any safety issues or places overrun by vagabonds and ner do gooders? (i.e. Barcelonas 'Ramblas':mad:)

Many thanks...

Fab itinerary!

Marmaris lovely walk off port with attractive waterfront cafés. Can get local bus or water taxi to Icmeler which has attractive hotels, promenade, beach if you want a nice beach day.

Istanbul great for DiY if you are happy with that - walkable from port to tourist centre or catch local tram. I can post you more details if you want later.

Kusadasi I'd recommend a ship's half day trip to Kusadasi which is spectacular. You can walk off here too. A local bus to Ladies Beach stops outside the port - nice beachy for swimming. Good bazaar here but you have to be firm if you're not interested - but not threatening.

Athens is easy to do yourself too. The port is about 20 minutes away - use the X80 express bus from outside the port €4 return - runs half hourly. Not at lot at Piraeus - I'd definitely make for Athens. Again can post more info if you want it.

Santorini is absolutely fabulous! Just come back from a week's stay there! Bit more complicated-it's a tender there and you have to use the cable car to get to the town at the top of the cliff. Only way round that is to go on a ship's trip which takes you to a different port where coaches can pick you up. Again possible to DiY but how many ships are in and how early makes a difference as there can be a lot of pressure on the cable car. You can walk up via lots of steps and in competition with the donkeys - but I wouldn't recommend that. We usually try to get off early and catch the local bus to Oia but these buses do get very busy and if there are a lot of other ships in it can get rather fraught.

Can't help with your other port but I'm sure you'll enjoy this itinerary.

Ask if I can help with anything else.

The cat must come first, lol :D (I have 3 :) )

Do you want a 4th?:D

17 year old bag of bones answers to the name of 'get out from under my xxxxxx feet'. Cries to go out at midnight, cries to come back in at five past, cries to go out at 12.30, cries to come back in at 3am! Eats a full plateful and cries for more 20 minutes later. Eats the dogs food, blue cheese even curry if she could.

Currently has a death wish and sits in the middle of the road but other than that she's good to go :)

Ours are all trained to come in at night and they stay in quite happily until the morning :) My neighbour's cat sounds like yours Tarquin :rolleyes:

Molly stayed out every night for years. It's only the past 12 months or so that she's gone a bit funny.:(

We are told that cats go senile and quite simply forget they've eaten, forget what they wanted to go outside for. I get that way myself sometimes:D

Do you want a 4th?:D

17 year old bag of bones answers to the name of 'get out from under my xxxxxx feet'. Cries to go out at midnight, cries to come back in at five past, cries to go out at 12.30, cries to come back in at 3am! Eats a full plateful and cries for more 20 minutes later. Eats the dogs food, blue cheese even curry if she could.

Currently has a death wish and sits in the middle of the road but other than that she's good to go :)

We've had 2 like that ---- one lived to 20 the other 21.... we think they get feline Alzheimer's as they get older bless. One howled when he came through the cat flap all around the house until he found me in the bedroom each morning as if I was a surprise. Love old cats -- but no, before you ask, sorry, we have 2 younger ones who are totally different but have already trained us well ........ and are more than a handful :)

All booked:D

Down to £450 for 7 nights so we've spent a bit extra, upgraded to a deluxe room, changed flights from Gatwick to Stansted and whilst booking late doesn't give much time to look forward we can't wait!

Cats sorted. She'll be bothering the neighbour for the week;)

Kusadasi I'd recommend a ship's half day trip to Kusadasi which is spectacular. You can walk off here too. A local bus to Ladies Beach stops outside the port - nice beachy for swimming. Good bazaar here but you have to be firm if you're not interested - but not threatening.

I'm sure Kruzseeka means "ships half day tour to Ephesus" (which I would endorse).

Just another senior moment eh?

I'm sure Kruzseeka means "ships half day tour to Ephesus" (which I would endorse).

Just another senior moment eh?

Yep! Quite right Malch.....,on both scores - what I meant to say and the senior moment!!! :D:eek::rolleyes:

Edited by kruzseeka

Hi just been on "Ancient Wonders " on spirit. Small friendly ship ,we enjoyed every minute .food lovely ,we eat in main dining room .Entertainment 1st class . You will have a ball . Istanbul we walked to spice market and blue mosque got book and map from library at home or you could take tram very easily . Bozcaada tender of ship lovely to walk round ..Kusidasi have been previously to Ephesus ,worth going if you not been ,but can wonder round .Athens we walked to metro 30 mins took train to plaka and Acropolis ,easy cost 1.20 euro each way .the line ends in pareus so you can't get lost ! .santorini favourite place .tender then cable car .we took taxi to oia 20 euros with tip but some people took bus easily . You can just wander round shops in thira though. We then walked down steps with donkeys ! Enjoy every moment xx I would be envious but off to Adriatic in July !!!

Loved the cat comments. I have 3 too and the oldest one is definitely getting a bit senile. I have to laugh when he does the howl :D He has developed idiosyncratic habits which can be a tad annoying.

Back to cruising now!