Britannia in Oslo

GirlyCruiser

Has anyone else noticed that Britannia is in Oslo a day early? Have just been looking through webcamsinnorway.com and came across her berthed on the Oslo cam. According to P&O's website she was meant to be in Kristiansand today and Oslo tomorrow. Maybe they have had to swap ports for some reason or maybe there has been poor weather at sea so they are there for the night. Hopefully that it is the only reason for Britannia being there and they have not had any other problems.

Sam.

Thanks for that shipmiss. Glad its nothing major for everyone on board. I guess that is one of the hazards of a such a tall ship being unable to dock due to the wind. I imagine everyone onboard is enjoying the extra time in Oslo.

Sam.

I gather Kristiansand has a narrow entrance to the harbour and is difficult to get into if windy. We didn't get in there a few years ago, similar time of year but on the QV . We just had an extra day at sea listing one way and then the other around the North Sea! Trouble is we had just come from Oslo so wasn't much point in going back there!

• 2 weeks later...

I`ve just come off Britannia today (beautiful ship)

We couldnt dock in Kristiansand because of something to do with wind... I was half asleep when the captain came on the bing bong to say

We did however sail up to Oslo and overnight there instead

Had a FABULOUS time :)

I`ve just come off Britannia today (beautiful ship)

We couldnt dock in Kristiansand because of something to do with wind... I was half asleep when the captain came on the bing bong to say

We did however sail up to Oslo and overnight there instead

Had a FABULOUS time :)

We have just come off Brittania today as well. What an absolutely fantastic ship.