2:00 PM to 3:00 PM check in time

Since when do they assign you a boarding time?

What happens if you show up early? and Why did I get such a late time. I am always early. I hate getting to the port late and not getting parking and having to wait for ever for everything after that:(:mad::eek:

What happens if you show up early? and Why did I get such a late time. I am always early. I hate getting to the port late and not getting parking and having to wait for ever for everything after that:(:mad::eek:

Just ignore that. They send those emails out all the time for crowd control. I get one almost every cruise, I read it, laugh, and then delete it. Ignore it and show up when you want. Have a wonderful cruise.

Edited by cruiser fanatic

We've received many of those emails even though we're Platinum and have priority embarkation as one of our perks. We ignore those emails because we'll be damned if we're told to arrive at the port after embarkation has started.

why do i doubt that if i have been given a time when the majority of the people get to the port i will get on faster

Because everyone ignores the email and tries to be the first aboard at 11am or noon - which leaves little to no lines at 2pm-3pm.

But you should ignore the email. That's what Cruise Critic wants me to tell you.

Edited by ZanziBarred

It may be something new that Carnival is trying out. I got a survey after our cruise this past April and it asked my thoughts on specifically assigned boarding times. This isn't the same email that everyone gets telling you to arrive after 1pm. My guess is that this is something new.

Because everyone ignores the email and tries to be the first aboard at 11am or noon - which leaves little to no lines at 2pm-3pm.

But you should ignore the email. That's what Cruise Critic wants me to tell you.

Exactly.

I will say this - Carnival sends out two types of these emails. One is a boarding time suggestion I guess like the OP got. The other is letting you know there will be a delay of some sort for an inspection or whatever. Based on experience, I would never (again) ignore the second type of letter. Learned the hard way about doing so.

Almost everyone on here will tell you to ignore any letter regarding arriving 10 seconds after the last group debarked. Just don't be bothered if you do wind up waiting. For me even the remote chance of having to wait for a long time in a crowded port just so I can eat lunch early is not worth it.

I got one for my March CCL Magic cruise. Like most people, I usually have very little control over when I arrive, and any options I may have had were decided weeks ago. Between flight schedules, hotel check out time, shuttle availability, worries about traffic and break downs, I get there when I get there. I read the email, said "Ha ha, imagine that. " and deleted it.

There are no repercussions from Carnival. Just be aware that you may be waiting a while, like everyone else, if there are unusual delays boarding. In Barcelona for a Transatlantic we waited until 2 pm before boarding started due to extra cleaning required for a Noro outbreak on the previous cruise. That was the rumor anyway. Was I sorry I was there waiting? No, where else did I have to go? Our CC arranged bus picked us up at a designated time. No choice.

If you do arrive when the email says you'll probably wonder where everyone is--their already onboard.

If it is a new thing to assign boarding times, we will gladly take the 2:00-3:00 time! We would like to have a leisurely breakfast, check out as late as possible and go directly to our room when we embark. Our days of rushing onto the ship are over, especially when we have already been on that ship. YMMV...everyone has their own preference :)

If it is a new thing to assign boarding times, we will gladly take the 2:00-3:00 time! We would like to have a leisurely breakfast, check out as late as possible and go directly to our room when we embark. Our days of rushing onto the ship are over, especially when we have already been on that ship. YMMV...everyone has their own preference :)

That's about when we show up and board. Perfect.

On DCL you choose your boarding time, set number of people for each slot, once that slot is full, you have to select a later time. At a certain time it's open for anyone. Boarding is much smoother, imo.

Carnival likely doesn't fliter out those with FTTF, suites, or plat. It makes perfect sense to 'assign' a boarding time for all others.

I got my email Saturday from Carnival I have faster to the fun and I called and talk to the supervisor and she advised me they are standard email form that they send out to all the customers try to stagger your arrival time she said I'm allowed to arrive anytime I want because the faster the fun I got my email Saturday from Carnival I have faster to the fun and I called and talk to the supervisor and she advised me they are standard email form that they send out to all the customers try to stagger your arrival time she said I'm allowed to arrive anytime I want because the faster the fun so delete the email arrive when you want because car will has no record on your reservation what time you're supposed to arrive have a great cruise

LIKE!!!!! Carol & I feel the same way. So we benefit those who would rather get there early as we won't be in their way.

I got one for my March CCL Magic cruise. Like most people, I usually have very little control over when I arrive, and any options I may have had were decided weeks ago. Between flight schedules, hotel check out time, shuttle availability, worries about traffic and break downs, I get there when I get there. I read the email, said "Ha ha, imagine that. " and deleted it.

There are no repercussions from Carnival. Just be aware that you may be waiting a while, like everyone else, if there are unusual delays boarding. In Barcelona for a Transatlantic we waited until 2 pm before boarding started due to extra cleaning required for a Noro outbreak on the previous cruise. That was the rumor anyway. Was I sorry I was there waiting? No, where else did I have to go? Our CC arranged bus picked us up at a designated time. No choice.

If you do arrive when the email says you'll probably wonder where everyone is--their already onboard.

I agree. There are so many things outside of the passenger's control on embarkation day. I'm just happy if I make it to the port in one piece with my luggage before the ship leaves. That's enough to worry about without trying to force a square peg into a round hole.

Edited by winddawn

Exactly.

I will say this - Carnival sends out two types of these emails. One is a boarding time suggestion I guess like the OP got. The other is letting you know there will be a delay of some sort for an inspection or whatever. Based on experience, I would never (again) ignore the second type of letter. Learned the hard way about doing so.

Almost everyone on here will tell you to ignore any letter regarding arriving 10 seconds after the last group debarked. Just don't be bothered if you do wind up waiting. For me even the remote chance of having to wait for a long time in a crowded port just so I can eat lunch early is not worth it.

We pay for our cruise and we make our choice as to when to get to the port.

We like having an early lunch on lido so we will get there early and if we have to wait so be it.

My wife can't be on time for anything, will forget 3-4 things and have to make 6 stops on the way port. So we end up there around 3 anyway:o

We typically plan to have to stop at a walgreens for something...plus many potty breaks from a bored kid.

In Jan, we had pretzles and lemonaide at the boardwalk, watched everyone board, let my kid play in the kid area, then parked our car and boarded no wait, no rush. Worked perfect for us! I like the break after the long drive.

We pay for our cruise and we make our choice as to when to get to the port.

We like having an early lunch on lido so we will get there early and if we have to wait so be it.

That's fine. I said I don't like waiting. We pay for our cruise as well. What did that even have to do with it? Somebody paid for every passenger onboard.

Same here. Same way I feel.

Yup just ignore it. Like most will do, which will create a crowd anyway. Faster to the Fun will save the day though if you have it or of a status where you don't need it.

Get there between 2-3pm as suggested and you'll definitely walk right on.

I doubt you walk right on the ship.

You will walk right on the long line instead :eek:

No it's true, one can pretty much walk right aboard the ship with late arrival.

We've done this several times. From the time we get out of the taxi at 3:00 until we are at the Atrium bar having a Miami Vice is about 15 minutes.

I got a letter saying there was a planned delay and to arrive later. We followed the instructions and there was a mob in the VIP lounge and parking was a mess. By the time we had gone through the check in, the mob was allowed to board, and we just followed them.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk