Splendour of the Seas 6 night Med cruise out of Venice

I am cruising on the Splendour July 11, 2015. I have emailed RCI and just don't get a specific answer. I need to know if there are 2 formal nights (for packing reasons) on this 6 night cruise. All I read is general info applying to the entire cruise line that there are 2 formal nights on 6 night cruises. However there are late departures at some ports (8 PM). I can't imagine there can be more than 1. Can anyone help me please? Surely someone knows the answer to this question! RCI just won't tell me.

I am cruising on the Splendour July 11, 2015. I have emailed RCI and just don't get a specific answer. I need to know if there are 2 formal nights (for packing reasons) on this 6 night cruise. All I read is general info applying to the entire cruise line that there are 2 formal nights on 6 night cruises. However there are late departures at some ports (8 PM). I can't imagine there can be more than 1. Can anyone help me please? Surely someone knows the answer to this question! RCI just won't tell me.

On such a port intensive cruise as this one I'm fairly certain you will have only one formal night. It will likely fall on the lone sea day on July 13. A second formal night is usually at the discretion of the captain, sometimes they add another.

I would plan for one on this cruise.

Jonathan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there.

We were just on Splendour for a 7 night cruise. It was super port intensive, (only one sea day) & we had late days everyday, (Athens was the latest for all aboard at 8.30pm), but we still had two formal nights.

We couldn't do a lot of the late night fun stuff because we were just too tired from all the exploring thru the day! (& I'm only in my 20s), but there was certainly lots of fun to have on board.

The best crew I've seen at sea so far!

Since you are unsure and probably don't want to pack more than you need, you can pack for one formal night and wear the same outfit for both nights. I promise I won't tell :) Or just pack a second tie or accessories.

Take a look at the cruise docs as sometimes the number of specific formal nights is noted. And...... it can change. We had a 12 night Celebrity Med cruise last year and were told there were to be 3 formal night then it was changed to two. Not sure who makes the decision. When we got on board, Celebrity gives you a list of itinerary and the dress code line-up for the cruise. So we knew when we boarded that we would only have two formal nights.

Enjoy your cruise.

M

To echo some other responses we just finished a 7 night Greek Isles cruise on Splendour. Only one sea day and port intensive with some late days but we still had two formal nights.

We also thought the Splendour crew was very good, so you should have a great cruise.

To echo some other responses we just finished a 7 night Greek Isles cruise on Splendour. Only one sea day and port intensive with some late days but we still had two formal nights.

We also thought the Splendour crew was very good, so you should have a great cruise.

Thank you all for your replies. My documents don't give any specific information. They only quote the standard info on website. ie 2 formal nights for a 6 night cruise. I called RCI and also got the standard info. My answer came so quickly the person could not have looked up anything for this specific cruise. So I will pack for 2 formal nights. Glad to hear you all enjoyed the Splendour!

We are doing this cruise on September 5th on Splendor. Did you go to Argostoli?

If so, what did you do? Its seems as if part of a beach day is possible along with a visit to the lake and cave.

We took the town bus to a local beach, then back to Argostoli for a late lunch and spot of shopping. This was DIY as this port was a last minute addition. But easy to do. It wasn't the "famous" beach the name of which escapes me at the moment but was spectacular!