Cunard Upgrade Mmmm...

catzgirl

Hi all,

I had a call while I was as work today, offering me an upgrade from Balcony Cabin to Princes Grill..... for only £500 :eek: Needless to say I declined their kind offer! Do you think Iv'e made a mistake, and/or will they come back again with another offer I wonder?

Edited by catzgirl

I agree with Hattie - for 500 pounds for the 2 of you for 14 days, I think it's a great deal. We would definitely take it - we had a similar deal years ago on the QE2, absolutely worth the extra! However, the free upgrade fairy may still pay you a visit, you never know!

Hi all,

I had a call while I was as work today, offering me an upgrade from Balcony Cabin to Princes Grill..... for only £500 :eek: Needless to say I declined their kind offer! Do you think Iv'e made a mistake, and/or will they come back again with another offer I wonder?

Which ship? We've had an upgrade to PG on QE and the whole experience was amazing. If I got a call like that on a 14 day cruise I would take it.

Hi all,

That's less than £18 pppn - don't miss the opportunity.

We have allways been very satified with Britannia, but that sounds like a good offer.The only downside I can see is,if you experience the Grills would a return to us ordinary folk not work for you ?.I off course do not know the answer and dont suppose I ever will.

Rodger.

It is a very valid concern. Climbing up is easy (funds permitting), but dropping down is harder.

What stopped me from booking into QG so far though was that I did not want to risk spoiling my golden memory of the QG on the QE2. Reviews and encouragements from fellow Cunard fans convinced me that the Grill experience, while different from the QE2, obviously (and sadly), is still something to look forward to. For this Summer, I decided to go for it, a QG on the QV in the Med.

I pretty much expect that, from now on, we will be hooked to the Grills, although not necessarily the QG, as I understand that the PG is nearly as great, and it is mostly the less expansive staterooms that make the difference between the two grades. Anyhow, until we retire, we will not be able to go on with 3 Cunard cruises per year as we did recently :). Focusing on one great one instead might be a valid strategy.

Edited by Normandie_Nostalgic

Hello everyone,

Well! I called first thing, and it had gone.... that'll teach me!

No one else to blame but myself, but she did say if there are anymore upgrades to be had she would phone me, that would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath, and before the call, we were quite happy with what we had booked.

I shall know for next time, not to be a ditherer.

Last year my mother and I had a Penthouse Suite booked for a Transatlantic Crossing. About 3 weeks prior to sailing, we got a call asking if we'd like to upgrade to the BIG 2 story 2500 SF cabin aboard the QM2 for, are you ready? £300 for both of us. I nearly fainted. We did have to discuss it as there's the matter of stairs which neither one of us can navigate any more. We would up turning it down because of the stairs, but Cunard offered us the Queen Elizabeth Suite for a reduced price! We were stunned, but accepted happily.

It was spectacular, and we thoroughly enjoyed every moment. Then, on Day 2, Mom got horrible bronchitis, and aside from 2 visits to the Doc, she was confined to bed. But, if you have to be sick and in bed, you could do a lot worse that where we were. It was glorious.

I'm going to Hamburg on 21-June and have a cabin in Steerage this time. I keep hoping I'll get the magic phone call asking if I'd be interested in an upgrade, but it doesn't appear as though it's going to happen. I certainly wouldn't think they'd offer me as spectacular an upgrade as before. I can hope.

I'm still going to pop into the pursers office when I board and ask if there are any available.

No matter, it's still the Queen, and I'm going to revel in every moment.

I'd like to ask a question please......

If you upgrade to a better quality suite for whatever price do your daily gratuities increase also?

All Britannia cabins gratuities are $11.50pp per day. All suites are $13.50pp per day.