The Dawn v/s The Star

I currently have 2 cruises booked. One on the Dawn in an Sj cabin and one on the Star. The go to the same ports. The issue is I have 2 teenagers that I want to make sure have a great time. So which ship is better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by CruisingOnBy810

I currently have 2 cruises booked. One on the Dawn in an Sj cabin and one on the Star. The go to the same ports. The issue is I have 2 teenagers that I want to make sure have a great time. So which ship is better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those ships are identical with a few exceptions. One being the Dawn has a grill at the bar on 13 the Star just has a bar there. Dawn has no slides by main pool but Star does. The Dawn has a small section between the bar "halves" by the pool that serves hard packed ice cream. On the Star it is way behind the buffet. The one side of the buffet aft, port side is different as far as access as well.

Decor varies of course with the Dawn suites on 12 generally having darker carpet and furniture.

Edited by dexddd

The Star has just been updated with new carpet, modern photo gallery and an O'Sheehan's restaurant and bar. It does have a waterslide and there was hard packed ice cream available near the pool. Neither ship has the mega ship attractions.

Our last two cruises were on these two ships. Dawn was refurbed in 2011, so not that old. We prefer the Dawn. Both are about equal in amenities, but we like the "feel" of the Dawn a little better. And although it is continually changing, we like the crew on the Dawn a little better. Either way, both are good ships and you should be happy on either.