BF cabins on deck 4 or 8?

Tomjoe

Hi

We are considering booking a 2 night cruise (Southampton to Hamburg) on the Queen Elizabeth as our first cruise sice we had our children for a couple of days away in August. We have previously cruised with Royal Caribbean and Norwegian.

We've been given an option of BF cabins on 4 or 8, 4 being above the theatre and risk of docking noise as well as last to board or 8, being below the gym but boarding earlier. Does anyone have any recommendations either way?

Also what are the usual sea conditions in August?

Thanks so much for your help

:)

Edited by Tomjoe

Hi

We are considering booking a 2 night cruise (Southampton to Hamburg) on the Queen Elizabeth as our first cruise sice we had our children for a couple of days away in August. We have previously cruised with Royal Caribbean and Norwegian.

We've been given an option of BF cabins on 4 or 8, 4 being above the theatre and risk of docking noise as well as last to board or 8, being below the gym but boarding earlier. Does anyone have any recommendations either way?

Also what are the usual sea conditions in August?

Thanks so much for your help

:)

Agree with 269, but be aware this could be the start of a long and happy relationship with Cunard, as your previous cruise lines will never live up to what you are about to experience. Have a wonderful time. ;)

I intend to book, I was simply asking for some advice, I wasn't aware that this forum was only for world cruises! Sadly I don't have the time on my hands for a world cruise, as I mention on my first post this is a weekend away for myself and my husband without the kids which we are hoping to make the most of.

Does anyone have any constructive advice on our deck choice?

Many thanks

I intend to book, I was simply asking for some advice, I wasn't aware that this forum was only for world cruises! Sadly I don't have the time on my hands for a world cruise, as I mention on my first post this is a weekend away for myself and my husband without the kids which we are hoping to make the most of.

Does anyone have any constructive advice on our deck choice?

Many thanks

Both are great cabins, but personally slightly favouring deck 8

Just book and enjoy.

Gym isn't a 24hr facility so you should be safe from noise during late evening and overnight until it opens again around 8am.

If sailing into Hamburg I prefer to be on the port side as that is the more interesting bank of the river, but maybe a moot point if you arrive in darkness or the early hours when you are still in bed.

Docking noise is inevitable usually the ship turns to face upstream before docking but would be a relatively brief disturbance from thrusters etc.

Sea state is anybody's guess but chances are for a smoother crossing in August than in winter months. I've only been to Hamburg twice in May and the sea was like glass.

M-AR

Gym isn't a 24hr facility so you should be safe from noise during late evening and overnight until it opens again around 8am.

If sailing into Hamburg I prefer to be on the port side as that is the more interesting bank of the river, but maybe a moot point if you arrive in darkness or the early hours when you are still in bed.

Docking noise is inevitable usually the ship turns to face upstream before docking but would be a relatively brief disturbance from thrusters etc.

Sea state is anybody's guess but chances are for a smoother crossing in August than in winter months. I've only been to Hamburg twice in May and the sea was like glass.

M-AR

Fab, thanks for your help, I wondered if the gym opened much earlier than that! Very helpful!

Hi TomJoe,

We were on deck 6, I believe, on the QE. So, I'm sorry, I can't give much advice about the two cabins you described. I can, however, say "Welcome to Cruise Critic."

We really did enjoy our time on the QE. I hope you do, too. Your voyage sounds perfect for your current circumstances.

Happy Sailing!

Jimmybean