bermuda in october from boston

dancersp119

Thinking of booking 10/16 cruise from boston to bermuda...looking to see if others out there have done this cruise in october and have any comments or recommendations???? We have only done Bermuda in the summertime. Thank you.

My ds went a few years ago in october and it was fine! I'd probably check some October reviews from the past and October avg weather and sea temperatures.[emoji6] Good luck!!

Sent from my QMV7B using Tapatalk

Edited by *Luv2Cruz*

Thinking of booking 10/16 cruise from boston to bermuda...looking to see if others out there have done this cruise in october and have any comments or recommendations???? We have only done Bermuda in the summertime. Thank you.

We have taken the Boston to Bermuda cruise several times during Columbus Day week. Weather was perfect. Not too hot or humid

We went towards the end of last October. The weather on the ship the first day and the last day is chilly...not a lot of pool type weather, but once we were in Bermuda it was gorgeous. Mid 80's temps, sunny. The water was bearable temps...a bit warmer than the warmest it gets in the peak of summer in New England. I'd say...68? 70? Cold for some, warm for Massachusetts people.

It is hurricane season though. The island got hit by a hurricane the week before we got there. Stuff was still pretty messy and some things were closed.

We've gone in October a few times and in the summer too many times to count. The water is a little chillier in Oct. but much warmer than anything you'd find in Boston area in July. The weather is a lot less humid in Oct. and we had the beach at Horseshoe Bay to ourselves one day.

If I had a choice I would go in the fall but because of the kids we have to go in the summer.

I tried going on the Dawn from Boston to Bermuda last October, and we ended up in the Bahamas instead. It was the week that Hurricane Gonzolo hit Bermuda. The water temperature in Bermuda is about in the high 60's low 70's in October (the locals call this cold. As a New Englander, I call it nice.) I think that, even if the worst happens and a hurricane is in the way, you should look at the Florida and Bahamas shore excursions. NCL will not cancel a cruise. They don't want to give people their money back. If it is possible, they will try to get their passengers on a comparable cruise.

My husband and I have done Boston to Bermuda in October 3 times. The first was on the Majesty when we were married on her. No problems and the weather in Bermuda was great. The following year we booked the same cruise to celebrate our first anniversary. The Majesty hit a storm on the way back that blew out a few windows (that shouldn't be an issue on the Dawn) and delayed her arrival in Boston by a day. We were comped a day on our cruise and spent just as much time in Bermuda. We did have to dock in the Dockyards one day (the Majesty used to dock in St George's) which actually added to the fun of it. Third time was for our 10th anniversary on the Dawn. No issues. Personally, I like the weather and lack of crowds in Bermuda in October. As for potential weather, you are at the same risk in October as you are June through September since it's hurricane season. That said, they stay ahead of the weather and divert ships to the best of their abilities. If you want to go in October, go for it!

Did end of October on Gem in 2011, and it was a great cruise, little chilly first and last sea days, but as said the water is refreshingly cool and the sun was perfect, not too hot but still bay weather. We would go again same time of year, don't miss the rug rats.

• 2 weeks later...

We went to Bermuda in mid-October a few years ago on the Gem out of NY. The weather was fabulous. I couldn't imagine being there when it was hotter and more humid. I'm sorry that NCL has stopped doing that sailing out of NY at that time of year.

We've gone almost every year for the past 14 years and almost always in October. We've left Boston in pouring rain, in snow (a couple of years ago - the Halloween nor'easter) and in sun. Once you get away from NE and into

the sea it is usually wonderful. Even if there is stormy weather or if a

hurricane has hit the island before we arrive (or, once, every ship in the

ports pulled up anchor and fled in a sort of conga-line ahead of a hurricane)

the cruise is always great. You will either have a wonderful sunny and warm

cruise on a great ship or you will have a wonderful story to tell.

And the weather in Bermuda is less humid and more comfortable during October - IMHO...

margretha

We actually tried to do that cruise last October, the same week (17-24). I will caution you with this: you are booking during hurricane season.

This may or may not matter, depending on what you want out of your cruise and how adventurous you are. Our cruise was affected by Hurricane Gonzalo, which hit Bermuda at just the right time to prevent us from docking there.

Royal Caribbean and NCL both had Bermuda cruises that week. RC's solution was to re-route their ship to Canada and New England. Now, Canada and New England are beautiful, especially in the fall, but...I live in Boston. And I was packed for beaches and sunshine. NCL took us to the Bahamas. :-)

We had the time of our lives, even with the change, and the Bahamas gave us beaches and sunshine, which is what we wanted in Bermuda.

So, my warning to you is if Mother Nature throws a hissy fit, you may wind up in the Bahamas. If that bothers you, I would consider booking outside of hurricane season.