Independence aft balcony

We had the royal family suite aft this past July and those Loungers had cushions ...since the corner aft on IOS is covered it doesn't bother me whether there are cushions or not ....you can always get pool towels.

We had the royal family suite aft this past July and those Loungers had cushions ...since the corner aft on IOS is covered it doesn't bother me whether there are cushions or not ....you can always get pool towels.

Pretty sure only the suites with wicker furniture get cushions standard

My wife and I were in cabin 7708 on IOS for the April 25th sailing earlier this year. We had 3 loungers, 2 chairs and 1 table. The balcony was nothing short of AWESOME.

One important note though, don't go out on the balcony barefoot! Your feet will be black as night from the exhaust/soot :eek: I hope they have sprayed it down since then!

My wife and I were in cabin 7708 on IOS for the April 25th sailing earlier this year. We had 3 loungers, 2 chairs and 1 table. The balcony was nothing short of AWESOME.

One important note though, don't go out on the balcony barefoot! Your feet will be black as night from the exhaust/soot :eek: I hope they have sprayed it down since then!

We were in a JS above the President suite on Freedom and we didn't get soot all week. Not so lucky for president suite

1440542579987.jpg.b9924b9605aa33b162fc3b7d8048bb6c.jpg

• 2 months later...

I just did a b2b in aft cabin 8410 the corner aft cabin. We had to lounge chairs, 2 chairs and small table. Loved it...but will say this is the first time I had trouble a lot with the soot they would be clean the back aft cabins a lot. Corner aft cabin's are still our favorite on many ships!!!

We just returned from our Indy sailing and were in room 1402 aft...our balcony was huge! 2 loungers, 2 chairs, a small table and we brought our own hammock and still had space to spare. No problems with noise or soot.

Just curious..love the idea of the hammock. We are in cabin 1400 in March 2016. I guess you had no issues trying to find a place to put it? I will have to look on Amazon I guess..

Do you have a suggestion on a type of hammock that travels best?

Edited by chellecruise12
added line

Just curious..love the idea of the hammock. We are in cabin 1400 in March 2016. I guess you had no issues trying to find a place to put it? I will have to look on Amazon I guess..

Do you have a suggestion on a type of hammock that travels best?

We had a small single person material type one (prob only type that would work for the space) that folded neatly into its own bag. We used C-clamps to secure it to a metal bar that runs along overhead. My hubby thought I was crazy to bring it but he admitted after trying it out that it was a great idea...def do it!!