Do you find the YC a good value for the money.

MrJoeBlack

What's the deals with the $10 coupon never heard of that one ?? Please reveal all x

You can purchase them at the Clubcard desk onboard for OBC amounts on future cruises depending on cabin type booked. They are restricted in use eg can only be used with Early Booking Rate and Brochure Price (I think). They translate into €/$ 100 OBC for inside, 150 for OV, 200 for balcony and 400 for YC bookings.

Have sailed with MSC 3 times now, but not in YC. Can't say I've ever felt like a 2nd rate passenger. The whole of the ship('s) are wonderful.

I totally agree. Out of 8 cruises I've done with MSC - all on Fantasia ships - I've only been in YC twice! I'm as happy in a balcony cabin. I book YC for special occasions to enhance the experience!

I often wonder about it too! Is a 7 night cruise really worth + EUR 2500 just to have 3 extra spaces: top sail lounge, one pool and dedicated restaurant? I mean, the 'free' contents of the mini bar are covered with a fifty Euro bill, no?

MSC is usually so port intensive that I wonder if those few hours a day you would actually spend inside YC are worth to pay so much more then for a regular balcony...Who knows, maybe someday I'll try it :)

Hello

Over 2500€ for a 7 day's cruise is a lot of money,but a all incl.cruise line,like Seabourn,Silver Sea,Regent.... charges a lot more.

If You find a 7 day's cruise,on these lines, for 2500€ it's a bargain.

Of course they offer some other complementory things....

Are they better,it's up to You to find out.

It's not only the mini bar and a 50€ bill .......

As You stated in a previous comment the belgium site does not offers promotions,i booked an 12 day's YC in the med,oktober, for less than 1350€!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goed opletten,en als de gelegenheid zich voordoet,niet twijfelen en onmiddellijk boeken.Voor verdere inlichtingen,laat maar iets weten via cruise critic.

Groetjes.

Hello

Over 2500€ for a 7 day's cruise is a lot of money,but a all incl.cruise line,like Seabourn,Silver Sea,Regent.... charges a lot more.

As You stated in a previous comment the belgium site does not offers promotions,i booked an 12 day's YC in the med,oktober, for less than 1350€!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goed opletten,en als de gelegenheid zich voordoet,niet twijfelen en onmiddellijk boeken.Voor verdere inlichtingen,laat maar iets weten via cruise critic.

Groetjes.

Is that on Splendida? That is certainly a fantastic offer!

I often wonder about it too! Is a 7 night cruise really worth + EUR 2500 just to have 3 extra spaces: top sail lounge, one pool and dedicated restaurant? I mean, the 'free' contents of the mini bar are covered with a fifty Euro bill, no?

MSC is usually so port intensive that I wonder if those few hours a day you would actually spend inside YC are worth to pay so much more then for a regular balcony...Who knows, maybe someday I'll try it :)

Is that on Splendida? That is certainly a fantastic offer!

Hello.

Yes it's the Spendida.Was on the side for 2 days.

Jealous?LOL

Have a nice day.

Hello

Groetjes.

Less then 1350 EUR?! You guys have to teach me how to get those deals :)

Ik ga zeker goed opletten, amai! groetjes :-)

Edited by Bra_BE2014

Hello.

Yes it's the Spendida.Was on the side for 2 days.

Jealous?LOL

No .............. I'll be in YC on Divina in 3 weeks. Not quite as good a price, but not far off :D I'll be back on her in Oct for 17 nights repo to Miami in a balcony cabin with flights and hotel stays in Barcelona and Miami for little more than your trip :p

Enjoy your cruise ;)

No .............. I'll be in YC on Divina in 3 weeks. Not quite as good a price, but not far off :D I'll be back on her in Oct for 17 nights repo to Miami in a balcony cabin with flights and hotel stays in Barcelona and Miami for little more than your trip :p

Enjoy your cruise ;)

Hello,

Are You at home sometimes?

Now i am jealous :(

Enjoy

Less then 1350 EUR?! You guys have to teach me how to get those deals :)

Ik ga zeker goed opletten, amai! groetjes :-)

Hello,

Ga naar de site http://WWW.msccruises.be

Selecteer onder" kies een item " zoek uw cruise

Hier krijg je alleen aanbiedingen van de YC

Opgelet de getoonde prijzen zijn niet altijd actueel,dus eerst bellen naar Uw reisagent of rechtstreeks met MSC

MSC werkt met DAGPRIJZEN en die kunnen zeer sterk afwijken

Ik raad aan te werken met een reisagent aangezien die een prijs die op die moment geldig is, een zeer korte tijd kunnen handhaven,maar je moet dan ten laatste de volgende dag beslissen,maar elke agent werkt anders.

***** U een idee te geven,mijn bestelde cruise voor de door U gekende prijs wordt nu aangeboden voor 2209€ en er zijn nog 3 kajuiten beschikbaar.

Ik hoop dat dit een hulp is voor U.

Groetjes

• 4 months later...

I agree that the experience and exclusivity of the YC has to have a price but still find it odd that the all-inclusive is restricted to the YC areas and restaurant and not valid in the rest of the ship. I sometimes enjoy a coffee at the atrium so it would be good if the benefits of Aurea cabins also covered YC ones

Since we don't have more than 2 drinks a day, never take anything from the mini fridge and only do one spa treatment (usually a deal during port day) No I don't think the YC is good value for my $$.

We're perfectly happy with a regular balcony cabin or even inside cabin since we aren't in the room much. Last cruise we took I calculated we were actually in the cabin for 40hrs on a 7 day cruise.

I'm sure those that drink more, use the spa multiple times an go to the special restaurants instead of the MDR find it a better value but it's just not for us.

We have done yo on divina then did a cheap deal on preziosa, and had a great time. We would not have known yacht club existed. But we missing the top sail lounge and the service, so this year we are back in yacht club Fantasia in May 2016. The main advantage of yacht club is the space.

In 2013 we did a Baltic cruise on the 6 star regent, it was a great cruise, and a brilliant service but the moans from the passengers was the worst on all my cruises, this cruise cost about £6k and we prefer yacht club

Edited by ferniedog

As a former NCL enthusiast I am very curious how others would rate MSC on Value of the Dollar or Euro whatever the case may be. It seems MSC is a step above in style and cost. What are your thoughts on this?

I have sailed NCL and just completed #4 on the Divina.

I found the quality of service amenaties and food on MSC far supieror to NCL. Dollar to dollar (or Euro) MSC is great value.