Just Back from the Baltic, NCL Star Review!

Can you tell me the name of the car service you used? Our cruise ends on July 23 and I have a early flight to Berlin I have a reservation with a car service but they're looking for double of what you paid. I would much appreciate you sharing the name so I could contact them

We used Copenhagen Limo Service and chose the simple Mercedes car, their basic model. We found a coupon code online for savings if you used them post cruise. Not sure if that expired though.

They were great and the driver spoke perfect English and got us out of the port very quickly.

Excellent thank you I'm going to contact them now How much room was on the balcony were in an SF as well number 10728. Hoping to spend several dinners out on the balcony although my husband is concerned the food will be cold by the time it gets to us.

Our balcony on the 9th floor was not as deep as the balconies on the 10th floor.

We visited a room of some friends we met on board and they were in 10730 I think. They're balcony was a lot deeper than ours.

The good thing about ours was that we had a wrap around balcony. That was pretty awesome!

Any time we ordered in breakfast or lunch, we had no issues. One night we ordered in dinner and were disappointed with the temperatures.

We used Copenhagen Limo Service and chose the simple Mercedes car, their basic model. We found a coupon code online for savings if you used them post cruise. Not sure if that expired though.

They were great and the driver spoke perfect English and got us out of the port very quickly.

When I google Copenhagen limo service a bunch of sites come up. Do you by chance have a link?

cphlimo dot com

you can email them with any questions prior to filling out the booking form.

Well it must be the prices in May are lower than July as the quoted me $1050dkk ($158usd) which is basically what the other company did (1080dkk) so I guess I will stick with my original booking and the other company was sending an S class. . Thanks for the info anyhow

I thought Hanno the concierge was great. Before the cruise, I had no idea what to do with a concierge besides make a few dinner reservations. Hanno was at breakfast every day. He would ask us what we were doing that day and gave excellent advice. I called him on the phone a couple of times with questions. He got us a cab on the last day. I thought the concierge was one of the best perks of staying in a suite.

I thought Hanno the concierge was great. Before the cruise, I had no idea what to do with a concierge besides make a few dinner reservations. Hanno was at breakfast every day. He would ask us what we were doing that day and gave excellent advice. I called him on the phone a couple of times with questions. He got us a cab on the last day. I thought the concierge was one of the best perks of staying in a suite.

Hanno was a good concierge, I do agree. We just did not see him as much as our concierge on the Jade two years ago, Kairibi. We did notice Hanno in Cagneys anytime we ate breakfast or lunch there, but he did not always visit our table to say hi.

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked a 2 bedroom family suite in the Haven on the Getaway for next year. Bringing the kids along this time! :)

I'll be interested to compare the Haven experience on the Getaway with the suite experiences we've had on the Jade and the Star.

Just booked a 2 bedroom family suite in the Haven on the Getaway for next year. Bringing the kids along this time! :)

I'll be interested to compare the Haven experience on the Getaway with the suite experiences we've had on the Jade and the Star.

It will be like comparing apples to oranges......no comparison...You will love the Getaway Haven Experience.

So jealous!

It will be like comparing apples to oranges......no comparison...You will love the Getaway Haven Experience.

Thanks Rich! The kids are super psyched for this one. Melissa is already researching what to do as a family in all the ports.

Are you in a suite again on the Dawn? Enjoy Bermuda!

I appreciate your comments and review of your Baltic cruise. We just booked the same cruise for next June 2nd. We are in 12512.

We were in the Haven on The Breakaway and loved it. You're in a world of your own. makes you feel so spoiled. You should love it.

John

Edited by rtrider

• 2 months later...

Thanks for your review of the cruise that you took! We will be doing the same cruise in July of 2016 and this will be our first time with NCL. We are super nervous, but each positive review makes us feel much better! We will be in a family suite and look forward to the floor to ceiling windows!

Hi Portcbob,

I just returned from the August 10th Baltic Sea cruise on the Star. It was a great cruise, but you are correct about the time in port, too short for many of these marvelous cities, especially Berlin, St. Petersburg and Stockholm. However, I knew this going in and looked at it as a sampler of Baltic cities.

I signed up with TJ Travel for Berlin and St. Petersburg and found these tours, and tour guides, Boris and Maya, to be excellent.

I did Tallinn, Helsinki and Stockholm on my own using the Rick Steves' Northern European Cruise Ports book. If I were to do it again, I think I would opt for an organized tour of Stockholm, too.

Sue

Hi Portcbob,

I just returned from the August 10th Baltic Sea cruise on the Star. It was a great cruise, but you are correct about the time in port, too short for many of these marvelous cities, especially Berlin, St. Petersburg and Stockholm. However, I knew this going in and looked at it as a sampler of Baltic cities.

I signed up with TJ Travel for Berlin and St. Petersburg and found these tours, and tour guides, Boris and Maya, to be excellent.

I did Tallinn, Helsinki and Stockholm on my own using the Rick Steves' Northern European Cruise Ports book. If I were to do it again, I think I would opt for an organized tour of Stockholm, too.

Sue

Can you tell us about the ship? How was the food, service, etc.? Thanks.

How was your disembarkation in St Petersburg on day 1? Any delays?

May I ask how you got around in Stockholm and why you would opt for a more organized tour? We're on the next sailing and I'm still debating at this late date whether to add a Stockholm tour. *Edit: I just saw your post about taking the bus to Vasa.

Thanks!

Edited by AWENINAZ