Getting bumped from handicap rooms

TxChick

When do you find out? Would I have time to book another room? I have a 4j but would upgrade to a balcony if given time

I am surprised "whoever" put u in handicap room. We are 74, no wheelchair, but need rails & bathroom benefits, had an aft penthouse suite on Ncl, no problem. I asked if someone with wheelchair would bump , they said no.

When do you find out? Would I have time to book another room? I have a 4j but would upgrade to a balcony if given time

Everyone loves those 4J's. They are great but there is always that small possibility you could get bumped.

My PVP explained it to me this way.

Just because someone needs a handicap stateroom and wants a 4J doesn't mean you get bumped.

Folks that need a handicap are giving a choice of what is available.

Now there is always someone that needs a handicap last minute. There seems to be a murphy law thing that people break a leg or foot just before a cruise. That's when the bumping comes into play.

We were booked in a 4J room on the breeze on May 5th on the lido deck and on May 7th we were bumped to a balcony room on deck 8 for no charge my pvp told me if we would be bumped it would be to a higher category not a lower one so it worked out great for us if we would have booked this balcony it would of cost us $900 more dollars our cruise isn't until July 18th so someone must have needed the handicap room which is fine by us. Worked out great!!!

Just realize that an upgrade from a 4J is to an OV. So if you like being in the middle or upper decks, the OVs tend to be on decks 1 and 2.

If u get bumped your probably getting a balcony. Ov are the least common room on board

We had a handicap cabin b/c we booked inside guarantee and that's what we were assigned. I called CCL to see what my chances were of being bumped, as I wanted to print my luggage tags. This was a week or two before cruise. She said the ship was full & while not impossible for us to get bumped, it was not likely, as they would have to bump to a higher category & there were none. We didn't get bumped & the cabin was nice (loved the big bathroom & shower). Only one mishap was when I kept pushing a switch on the wall thinking it was the light - immediately got a call asking if I needed assistance. Sheepishly, I said no thank you & explained my error.