Sad thing i heard from a fellow guest the other day

cblzaccie

For some people, complaining is the only way they can hold up a conversation. They dont know what else to talk about.

It's like old people getting mad about politics. Is that how you want to spend your twilight years? Angry and whining about the president and some policy that won't ever effect you? Life is too short.. enjoy the time you have left and let go of that petty stuff that brings you down.

To all the complainers out there...keep complaining......I love to listen to the complaints. Our entertainment on the ship is to people watch and complainer eaves drop.....lol.

Wasn't on a cruise, but just happened a few days ago. I went to Provincetown for a much needed break from work by myself. The town is usually swarming with tourists during the summer months, but because it was off season, I knew it would be pretty quiet.

I was having a drink, sitting under a heatlamp, at a sidewalk beer garden, just people watching, right next to a couple. Conversation started pretty easily, but then devolved to them complaining constantly. "There's nothing to do." "It's so cold." "Where is everybody; I thought this was a party town." "The shopping is terrible." "I hate art galleries." "It's not warm enough to go to the beach." "I hate oysters."

FYI, for those that aren't aware, Provincetown is a small, seaside, Norman Rockwellian, artists' community filled with bars, restaurants, clubs, shopping, art galleries, whale watching, bike tours, dune hiking and more.

I casually stood up, told the waiter I was moving to the bar a few feet away. They asked me where I was going. I smiled and said, "Nice chatting with you both, but my time in town is just too short to waste listen to you both bitch and moan about every single thing. Hope you manage to have some fun."

I don't think they liked me after that.

People that complain like that are a waste of time and energy.

Edited by RickinNYC

for this thread. It just reminds me what kind of mindset I need to get before I go on my first Carnival cruise in February. Celebrity is my cruiseline of choice and I've never sailed for any less than 7 days. Yet my 35th high school reunion is going to be a 4 day cruise on the Elation out of New Orleans.

I've been cautioned that Carnival food is nothing like Celebrity, the suites are not like Celebrity etc. But thanks to this thread, I'll just set my mind to having fun (like I usually do on vacation anyway) and not worry or try to compare this cruise to any of my past cruises.

And unless an engine breaks down and we're stuck drifting at sea, I'll not complain about any petty things (not that I do anyway) and just go with the flow and enjoy celebrating with my former classmates.

Watch out Carnival - the Slidell High School Class of 1981 is about to storm your decks! :D

The way I see it .... On a cruise ....

--I have a room with a balcony with beautiful ocean view

--I don't have to clean said room ... it happens by magic while we're gone to meals

--I don't have to grocery shop or prepare meals

--I don't have to clear the table or do dishes

--I have my choice of numerous eating venues

--I don't have to drive or find parking places at crowded tourist attractions

--I have dining room staff who always remember that I don't like ground pepper on my food and that I do like decaf coffee after my meal

--I have bar staff who'll bring me anything my little heart desires

How can I be anything but one happy woman???? :D

Well it didn't ruin my cruise, we had so much difficulty with the elevators on my June 6th cruise on the Sunshine. When it came time for dinner there was only two or one out of the four aft elevators working, and I had to push someone in a wheelchair, and people kept pushing ahead of us, cramming the only working aft elevators, people who can actually WALK DOWN TWO FLIGHTS OF FREAKING STAIRS! And since it was the Sunrise dining room we were assigned to, we had no other elevator choices. So for half the cruise we had to wait in the dining room for a table for 9 to open back up since our tickets expired waiting for the elevators.

I tried to take my walker on the steps but it was too much effort 😂

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Carry the walker up the stairs. Come on! It's one foot in front of the other. The word "elevator" isn't in my vocabulary. If it's raining out doors, I walk the stairs down as far and I can go and back up again several times a day. No pain no gain! :D