Celebrity Solstice Inside tips

josephml1

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet but forward on Deck 11 is a 'relaxation room' which appears on deck plans but not on board. You can access it via the corridors as well as the spa. It's peaceful, quiet and free. Found it yesterday after 2 weeks on board.

DSCN8039.jpg

DSCN8040.jpg

We always have our first meal when we board, at Bistro Five -- they have wonderful crepes and it's quiet and very few people go there. Most head for the buffets....there is a small charge but so worth it to start the cruise in calm and delicious!

Cafe Baccio pastries are FREE! Drinks will cost but anyone can ask for a pastries and take them to your room. My downfall -- everything is delicious!

Bring rain gear for Alaska -- including rain pants. We used them and many many people standing in cold wet jeans were very jealous! Also bring gloves -- your hands can get very cold watching the glaciers!

Aqua Spa cafe is open for a healthy breakfast and lunch -- most is complimentary to all. You sit around the pool area -- very quiet and quite delicious!

We are first-time Celebrity cruisers and are in a CC. A friend who has had those cabins in the past said that we would have a dining level table on the balcony. But I think I have been seeing the smaller tables in pictures. We would like to order from the MDR but would be difficult on the smaller table, if that is what we will have. Can anyone tell us what the table might be? Thanks.:)

Your outdoor table is perfect HEIGHT for dining but it's not huge, certainly big enough to have a lovely breakfast for two! 4791d746b1883be2673e3ba1822f8e63.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet but forward on Deck 11 is a 'relaxation room' which appears on deck plans but not on board. You can access it via the corridors as well as the spa. It's peaceful, quiet and free. Found it yesterday after 2 weeks on board.

DSCN8039.jpg

DSCN8040.jpg

Is this area part of the spa? Adult only? Looks very relaxing.

Is this area part of the spa? Adult only? Looks very relaxing.

It is supposed to be for AQ guests only - when it gets busy SPA staff do a check on it.

On our TA cruise there were times when the pitiful 8 tiled loungers were in use and this area was the only place for a snooze -

Celebrity's SPA is a mega disappointment - nothing special to offer at all - in S class anyway. I barely remember Persian Gardens on Millennium and Constellation and I thought they were far superior to Solstice ships.

I was gutted when I saw the Equinox Spa - very disappointed -

We are booked in Aqua again on Solstice Alaska in later May - had booked it before taking our Equinox cruise - BLU is really the only PLUS of Aquaclass.

But strictly speaking this area is supposed to be for use by Aqua class guests or those using the spa for treatments - I daresay when its quiet no one will bother.

Edited by Blondie008

My wife loves a Baileys coffee, our cabin is close to Cafe Baccio so I can see us stopping off each night on the way back to our cabin.

My question is can I get a Baileys on ice (or even a beer) for myself or is Cafe Baccio just for coffee based beverages?

DSCN8039.jpg

DSCN8040.jpg

Is there a fee associated with using the Relaxation Room?

Is there a fee associated with using the Relaxation Room?

It is supposed to be for AQ guests only - when it gets busy SPA staff do a check on it.

On our TA cruise there were times when the pitiful 8 tiled loungers were in use and this area was the only place for a snooze -

Celebrity's SPA is a mega disappointment - nothing special to offer at all - in S class anyway. I barely remember Persian Gardens on Millennium and Constellation and I thought they were far superior to Solstice ships.

I was gutted when I saw the Equinox Spa - very disappointed -

We are booked in Aqua again on Solstice Alaska in later May - had booked it before taking our Equinox cruise - BLU is really the only PLUS of Aquaclass.

But strictly speaking this area is supposed to be for use by Aqua class guests or those using the spa for treatments - I daresay when its quiet no one will bother.

No fee but it is as above.

My wife loves a Baileys coffee, our cabin is close to Cafe Baccio so I can see us stopping off each night on the way back to our cabin.

My question is can I get a Baileys on ice (or even a beer) for myself or is Cafe Baccio just for coffee based beverages?

Yes to the Baileys on ice and beer. Al Bacio doesn't stock a large variety of alcohol but they will also make a cocktail for you if they have the ingredients.