SPB Tours in Baltics Ports OTHER THAN St. Petersburrg & Berlin?

Hi,

I would like to know if anyone has experience booking SPB tours in other Baltics ports? I just realized they offer very good rate for those ports if one has booked the St. Petersburg tours, which we did. I know most of the Baltic ports are DIY ports. But with the good add-on tour rates, they may come as good alternatives. Anyone has done those and if so are they as good as those in St. Petersburg?

Thanks a lot!

We used them in Helsinki and Stockholm as well as St. Petersburg. We were very happy with their service. The chief advantage is that the group is smaller than the cruise line tours - more agile and efficient.

A tour with SPB or one of the major tour companies is a must in St. Petersburg. Our guide and driver were excellent. We got to do and see so much in just two days. It is much easier to get around with a small group. The tours in the other cities were well managed, too. It is just that nothing compares to St. Petersburg.

Agree. We did Stockholm also with SPB which was fine. only 10 in our group, guide was personable and knowledgeable. Impressed that we were asked to fill out feedback questionnaire.

SPB is very well run. Tbey have a reutation to protect and practice quality control.

But nothing can compare to their St petersburg tour!

Hi,

I would like to know if anyone has experience booking SPB tours in other Baltics ports? I just realized they offer very good rate for those ports if one has booked the St. Petersburg tours, which we did. I know most of the Baltic ports are DIY ports. But with the good add-on tour rates, they may come as good alternatives. Anyone has done those and if so are they as good as those in St. Petersburg?

Thanks a lot!

We haven't experienced it yet but have signed up for three SPB tours because they have had good reviews. Our cruise is in a couple weeks so can let you know at that time, if that helps you.

I need to book St Petersburg tours soon but I am somewhat irritated by my TA, who is also a friend. Every e-mail she sends me she bugs me about the Visa and ship's tours in St Petersburg. I have traveled and done research and almost never take ship's tours. I know what I'm doing and I know it will be fine.

We had no problem using SPB in St Petersburg. Think we actually left before ship's tours. People who did the ship's tour did not see nearly as much.

We had a group of 15 and the guide did an outstanding job. They really do a masterful job.

In fairness to your TA, tbe ships do put out a hard sell for their tours. ( after reading info on ship, I was afraid our group would get delayed. We made it a point to be down early and walked right off and through immigration. Easy.)

I need to book St Petersburg tours soon but I am somewhat irritated by my TA, who is also a friend. Every e-mail she sends me she bugs me about the Visa and ship's tours in St Petersburg. I have traveled and done research and almost never take ship's tours. I know what I'm doing and I know it will be fine.

You probably already know this, but the tour company takes care of the visa and will email it to you before you leave. It is not an issue to be concerned about at all. Just be sure to print it and and take it with you every time you get off the ship in Russia along with your passport.

We just returned from our Baltic Cruise on Celebrity Silhouette last Thursday. We used SPB for the 2 day Grand Tour in St Petersburg, as well as an evening trip to the Faberge Museum, which was considered a private tour. The 2 day tour was phenomenal. So many sights and so much info that my head was ready to explode. Ate at the Pie Shop one day and had a sit down hot lunch at a cute country restaurant very near Peterhoff on the second day. We had a car and driver at our disposal for 3 hours on the first night and spent about 2 hours at the Faberge. We came back early

We did SPB In Helsinki for a 6 hour overview of Helsinki and to Porvoo in the countryside. Best shopping of the cruise were small stores in the old houses in Porvoo. Nice lunch, lots of walking or shopping afterwards. Good guide. Stopped at the Rock Church on our way back to the ship.

Did SPB in Tallin. Bus was outside the pier gates and it was a long walk. Started at the top of the old town and walked down. Nice coffee break with yum pastries halfway down. Met again at the old town gate and traveled through the modern city to Peter the Great summer Palace, then to. St brigid's Convent. The Olympic Sailing. Village and the Ampitheatre called the song grounds where they have music festivals. Great tour and most other cruisers only saw the old town.

We did SPB in Stockholm before we sailed. Did the Vasa Museum and City Panorama. Nice tour, half day. Could have done it using the HO HO bus but timing with the overnight was bad.

Did SPB Berlin. Did a private tour in a van rather than travel by Bus and then switch in the city. Traffic was abominable. Saw everything and we made it back in time to have a late dinner but some groups were so bogged down in traffic they barely made the ship. Must say that Celebrity buses were just as late. Guide did a great job. Lunch at an authentic German restaurant in the square was great.

Did SPB in Copenhagen. Went to the Castles in North Zeeland. Had done independent tour of a Castle in Fredericia the day before so 2 castles that day was overkill for walking, Stair climbing

Ankle and knee wrenching treks over cobblestone walkways. What more can I say. Sip this one. Rooms and Art work in these castles and palaces all start to look the same.

SPB offered at wLking tour after debarkation in Amsterdam. Didn't know what to do with the luggage so we opted out.

SPB was superb. Buses, guides, food were outstanding. I have mobility difficulties and the guide gently worked with me to maintain a pace that would not slow the tour down. I did use my small lightweight mobility scooter at the Hermitage and Peterhoff. It would have been impractical in other places.

We did an SPB tour when our ship docked in Warnemunde. We did not want to do the drive to Berlin so did the walking tour of Rostock and Schwerin. It was a lovely and pleasant day, we saw a lot, had a very knowledgeable guide and a wonderful lunch that was included in the tour in a local restaurant overlooking the Schwerin palace.

Yes, you could probably do it DIY, but it involved several different trains and a streetcar in Rostock, and we saw lots of very confused cruise passengers trying to figure out the various train connections. ;)

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

We had signed up with SPB to do the Warnemunde, Rostock, and Schwerin tour but later received a message that since our day in port was a Monday, Schwerin Palace would be closed and they won't go there so our tour will just be Warnemunde and Rostock.