Question for the Golds about the "Appreciation drink"

Vitamin_Sea

We just got off Dream yesterday and we got coupons for 1 free drink each for the last day of the cruise. We used them with no problem. We are gold.

Golds get both the water and the coupon!:eek:

:rolleyes:

Hmmm. Either we got short-changed, or the cabin steward forgot to leave us the coupons. Maybe I should write a letter to Carnival and complain. Or better yet, I'll contact John Heald. Think I can get a free cruise out of this? :rolleyes:

Hmmm. Either we got short-changed, or the cabin steward forgot to leave us the coupons. Maybe I should write a letter to Carnival and complain. Or better yet, I'll contact John Heald. Think I can get a free cruise out of this? :rolleyes:

yes on the Staten Island Ferry :D :D

I was on the Miracle last week and I just used the coupon at a regular bar. No lines.. And it was just as good as the dozens of others I had.

On the other hand the drinks I had at the past guest party always seemed watered down.

• 1 month later...
We got beer with ours at one of the bars on the Lido deck by the pool on the Carnival Dream. We had to sign a receipt where we could leave a tip and pay the tax. I think we were taxed (around 25 cents or so) because the ship was already in Louisiana. There was only one guest at the bar.

Didn't know about the tax thing. Is than only if you are in the waters of a taxing jurisdiction?

Off the Pride yesterday and we used ours at the Alchemy Bar. Since the coupon is only good for $9.00, you pay a difference of $1.09, but it was VERY worth it for me to know that I was getting a good quality drink. :)

Thanks, that's good to know because the wife loves the chocolate martini and thought she couldn't use the coupon for one because of the price.

Please-Only If you have recently cruised CCL.

Were there long wait lines to get your after 5PM "Appreciation drink" on the last evening of the cruise?

Did it seem watered down?

thanks

I don't drink a whole lot, so I'm not sure if the drink was watered down or not (I had a Hurricane Wave) but I do know I had to chase down a bar waiter (we were in the theatre) in order to use my coupon. He saw me with it and started walking the other way very, very quickly. DH and DS used theirs later in the evening for sodas and the bartender gave them the stinkeye for using their coupons.

I don't drink a whole lot, so I'm not sure if the drink was watered down or not (I had a Hurricane Wave) but I do know I had to chase down a bar waiter (we were in the theatre) in order to use my coupon. He saw me with it and started walking the other way very, very quickly. DH and DS used theirs later in the evening for sodas and the bartender gave them the stinkeye for using their coupons.

Oh yes... I guess they dont get the grat. Forgot about that :confused:

It was effective May 15 sailings.