Taking my nephew

BLAMBKY

While I am so excited about it, I am also a nervous wreck! :confused: Celebrity does not have a set form and there are SO many versions of the forms. My worst nightmare is getting there Sunday and them rejecting what papers my sister had notarized. 1) There are two papers, both very detailed, one for temp.guardianship and the other specifically granting permission for him to cruise with us. We will have his passport, birth certificate and his driving permit w/photo. Seriously, I should not be worried with all of this correct?! THEN why, why, do I keep remembering seeing people at every port with tear stained faces trying to "fix a problem"'to get on the ship. Ugh, I have a feeling that I will not relax again until I am ON the ship this Sunday!:p

As long as the parents have given you a notarized permission letter to take the child, you're fine, assuming he's under 18...if he's older, you need NO permission at all.

Yes..his passport is all you need to board, but he should bring his DL, to take ashore..everyone should have ID on them when "out and about"!

You will be fine...no worries!

Edited by cb at sea

The upset people you've seen at the port were the ones who didn't have the right documents (like passports for the itineraries that need them or visas for the cruises that needed them) or the authorization for taking children that aren't theirs on a cruise (or just the okay from one parent).

There isn't one specific form. Some people may have had a lawyer drawn one up for them (which might be the ones you've seen) or have written up their own form, if they haven't found someone else's.

Basically you need a letter that says it's okay for you (with your name or names listed) to take the (name or names) of child(ren) on (list the ship, ports) and sailing date. The okay for medical treatment can be listed on the letter (or a separate one). Both parents need to sign it and get their signatures notarized. If you are one of the parents, then you need the other parent's signature. Also get the insurance card or a copy of it for the child.

If you are uncertain and can't find one through googling, then get a book on legal forms and see if there's something you can use.

While I am so excited about it, I am also a nervous wreck! :confused: Celebrity does not have a set form and there are SO many versions of the forms. My worst nightmare is getting there Sunday and them rejecting what papers my sister had notarized. 1) There are two papers, both very detailed, one for temp.guardianship and the other specifically granting permission for him to cruise with us. We will have his passport, birth certificate and his driving permit w/photo. Seriously, I should not be worried with all of this correct?! THEN why, why, do I keep remembering seeing people at every port with tear stained faces trying to "fix a problem"'to get on the ship. Ugh, I have a feeling that I will not relax again until I am ON the ship this Sunday!:p

I know exactly how you feel. I am taking my minor granddaughter on a cruise in July. I have actually lost sleep worrying about not being able to get on the ship with her.

I have notarized letters from both of her parents and her original raised seal birth certificate (I am taking a closed loop cruise) and still I worry. I will breathe a sigh of relief when I am finally on that ship.

I have been assured by Royal Caribbean and my local notary that I have everything I need, so it sounds like you are good to go, too.

Enjoy your cruise.

The upset people you've seen at the port were the ones who didn't have the right documents (like passports for the itineraries that need them or visas for the cruises that needed them) or the authorization for taking children that aren't theirs on a cruise (or just the okay from one parent).

There isn't one specific form. Some people may have had a lawyer drawn one up for them (which might be the ones you've seen) or have written up their own form' date=' if they haven't found someone else's.

Basically you need a letter that says it's okay for you (with your name or names listed) to take the (name or names) of child(ren) on (list the ship, ports) and sailing date. The okay for medical treatment can be listed on the letter (or a separate one). Both parents need to sign it and get their signatures notarized. If you are one of the parents, then you need the other parent's signature. Also get the insurance card or a copy of it for the child.

If you are uncertain and can't find one through googling, then get a book on legal forms and see if there's something you can use.[/quote']

Thanks for the assurances...guess I am just a worrier. Well, at least until I get on the ship! Then "No Worries!":D Yes, that is why I like cruising!!!

I know exactly how you feel. I am taking my minor granddaughter on a cruise in July. I have actually lost sleep worrying about not being able to get on the ship with her.

I have notarized letters from both of her parents and her original raised seal birth certificate (I am taking a closed loop cruise) and still I worry. I will breathe a sigh of relief when I am finally on that ship.

I have been assured by Royal Caribbean and my local notary that I have everything I need, so it sounds like you are good to go, too.

Enjoy your cruise.

Oh my goodness, your GD is going to LOVE Freedom of the Seas! It is a FANTASTIC ship for kids!!! The pirate march the kids do is just adorable!:D Have a great trip, I am starting to let go of the worries. Maybe because my brain is now in don't forget to pack anything mode instead. :eek::D

I was just driving up to Vancouver and I wanted to make sure I had all the documentation. I not only did the above but I also made the parents (both my kids) made a copy of their passports showing their signatures so when the immigration guys looked at the signed letters they could match everything up.

LOL... my son's documents - about 5 pages. My daughter's documents - about 5 pounds. She says there is no way her kids were coming home early :D.

I was just driving up to Vancouver and I wanted to make sure I had all the documentation. I not only did the above but I also made the parents (both my kids) made a copy of their passports showing their signatures so when the immigration guys looked at the signed letters they could match everything up.

LOL... my son's documents - about 5 pages. My daughter's documents - about 5 pounds. She says there is no way her kids were coming home early :D.

Now that is a fantastic suggestion! Thanks for sharing and hee hee guess momma was ready for a break!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do your cruise lines have a special assistance department? We are taking a cruise on NCL and I'm 20 weeks pregnant. As many people know, you need a fit to travel letter from your dr in order to cruise. I was able to email this letter to NCL's special access desk and they promptly sent back a reply giving the all clear. I will be printing this reply from them out and taking it and my drs note with me when we depart. I know your situations are a bit different because you're travelling with minor relatives but since other pregnant women have been denied boarding I too was nervous until I found out about their special access desk.

Maybe try calling your TA or the cruise line to find out if those lines have anything similar to deal with special assistance issues. It could save a little bit of worry if you have an email approving your docs before you depart.

2 of my "kids" are not mine. We have guardianship only. We went on a cruise last year without any problems. A notarized letter from their mom, birth certificate and picture ID. We didn't really need the picture ID, but for the 16 year old we wanted to make sure it wasnt a problem. We got him and our 13 year old a non-drivers license. No problems at all getting on or off the ship.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Can you believe my husband called yesterday? [emoji12] I guess my concerns even got to him. Eak! The person told him that person was not in the office but it sounded like we had everything in order, that we would be fine. [emoji15] I am amazed that the cruise (Celebrity) line does not have it's own form. I would think that would make things simpler on the person checking people in to the cruise.

2 of my "kids" are not mine. We have guardianship only. We went on a cruise last year without any problems. A notarized letter from their mom, birth certificate and picture ID. We didn't really need the picture ID, but for the 16 year old we wanted to make sure it wasnt a problem. We got him and our 13 year old a non-drivers license. No problems at all getting on or off the ship.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Cruise critic is so wonderful at times. Thanks for the reassurance. [emoji5]️ Now...I need to figure out how to get everything in to the suitcases. [emoji24]

No, now you need to figure out how to carry all the suitcases! :eek:

Thankfully they are BOTH old enough to help and I (hopefully) get to just bother with my carry on bag! Eak! I am getting so excited this time tomorrow, my sister' family will be here at my place to start THEIR vacation! Which means, MY vacation starts too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...