Prices for windstar cruises in europe 2015

Stefan_Cruise

We received an email about this (sorry, it was trashed as our August plans are long since made.)

Here's one site with a description that matches our recollection:

http://www.cruise.com/cruise-deals/windstar-cruise-deals/index.aspx?skin=001

50% off (which is pretty much what everyone pays) plus "free excursions." The fine print says you get three and they're predetermined, with no flexibility. I'm guessing they'll be the shorter ones, which probably add to something like a $300 value - $50 per excursion times 3 per pax. but, of course, they may not be something you're interested in. I quickly checked the excursions for one of the sailings, and the general information page doesn't indicate which ones are free, but I saw several in the $39 range, so I think my $50 value may be high, if anything.

Edited by milepig

Hi, I did see those low prices, lower than anything I have seen. The lowest I saw was 1031 Euros which today's $ 1159, July 10th Greece the Pride. For Americans remember for dates the days first then month. I do not know if these trips are for Europeans only, I did not see if the page can be translated, I just happen to read German. I put in the search box Windstar Cruises and voila up they all came, some prices were WOW lower. This requires more research and Shen I learn anything new will write. Happy Sailing Susanne

Mrs. Milepig reminded me that we say it in a brief column on various travel deals in the Chicago Tribune this Sunday, the text said:

Windstar Cruises is offering free excursions and 50 percent savings on sailings in Greece and Turkey this summer. The promotion is available on four itineraries: Greek Isles & Turkish Delights, Gems of the Aegean, Black Sea Tapestry and Venetian Passageways.

You 7/10 departure you mention is showing at $2,999 pp so EU1,031 is certainly a bargain. I wonder if both prices include the same fees in the price.

I if havn´t booked three cruises in the next 3 month (Oceania, Celebrity and Seabourn), I would book this offer! It is a bargain. I know the triplets from Seabourn and there is no "bad" cabin on the ship! But there is no all-inclusive as it was with Seabourn!

I went back into the Kreuzfahrten website, I saw no translation page, I did see that in other countries throughout Europe this same website is used, I read a blog of a Canadian reserving a cruise through them, they list all the WS cruises that I can tell and some do not have prices like the Tall Ships but it does not say full, the prices listed are ranges, I am thinking of writing an email, but need time my writing it not as good as my reading, no time today and on one page they listed what was included with the price and it was the same as we get. Like WS there the taxes are not listed. A mystery! I will try to get an email out later and respond to cc when I get an answer. Susanne

I went back into the Kreuzfahrten website, I saw no translation page, I did see that in other countries throughout Europe this same website is used, I read a blog of a Canadian reserving a cruise through them, they list all the WS cruises that I can tell and some do not have prices like the Tall Ships but it does not say full, the prices listed are ranges, I am thinking of writing an email, but need time my writing it not as good as my reading, no time today and on one page they listed what was included with the price and it was the same as we get. Like WS there the taxes are not listed. A mystery! I will try to get an email out later and respond to cc when I get an answer. Susanne

When I clicked through the range of prices reflected different cabin levels. I read some German but in this case the google "translate this page" did a fairly decent job. My guess is that WS is selling leftovers on a site that most Americans wouldn't normally see. That way they protect their $2.999 price.

In Germany and Austria the taxes are included in the price!

• 2 weeks later...

No but at those prices I surely will look at that site in the future. We are on Tall Ships in August reserved it April 2014, 5 days before we did the Pacific crossing to Tahiti with WS. I do not think you can lose with those prices being last minute and all. Happy Sailing. Susanne