EWR - Need help re early arrival

joe d

Can anyone tell me if there are any facilities at EWR (terminal A) after you pick up your luggage. The only direct flight that I can find to EWR arrives at 7:31am which is much too early to head to the port in Bayonne. Are there any facilities in the departure area where someone can pass some time?

Can anyone tell me if there are any facilities at EWR (terminal A) after you pick up your luggage. The only direct flight that I can find to EWR arrives at 7:31am which is much too early to head to the port in Bayonne. Are there any facilities in the departure area where someone can pass some time?

This shows which venues are pre-security and which are post-security:

https://www.panynj.gov/airports/ewr-shops-restaurants-services.html

You could also kill an hour or so riding the monorail (airtrain) between terminals and the rail station. Just an idea.

Bill

Or you can kill the time by taking public transit to Bayonne. Bus 62 from any terminal to Newark Penn Station - $1.50. Luggage restriction - 2 pieces not to exceed 22 x 16 x 8. Alternative is NJ Transit train for $8.25. PATH to Exchange Place - $2.75. Light rail to 34th St Bayonne $2.10. Cab into the port - $10-12. PATH and light rail are uncrowded after 9 am and you can get seats. Estimated travel time - 1.5 hours.