Getaway Captain's Dinner

sailfishray

Can someone who has been on the Getaway Eastern Caribbean Cruise share with us what day the Captain's Dinner is held?

We are trying to plan our dinner reservations and would like to plan around that. Our cruise date is June 13th, 2015 so any recent information would be helpful.

Can someone who has been on the Getaway Eastern Caribbean Cruise share with us what day the Captain's Dinner is held?

We are trying to plan our dinner reservations and would like to plan around that. Our cruise date is June 13th, 2015 so any recent information would be helpful.

It is called "Dining With A Officer". You enter a drawing at Guest Services. My last dinner was with one of the Training Officers' and the Beverage Manager. The dinner was held on Wednesday night in Taste. The other table was hosted by someone from Housekeeping and someone from the Shore Excursion staff. The dinner is not always held. I just did this one The Getaway last week. There is no charge for the dinner. Sometimes pictures are taken and sometimes not.

I normally cruise on RCL and once during the trip they have what is called the Captain's Dinner. Usually it's the staff that come out with the Baked Alaska and do a dance, everybody dresses up, etc. Guess NCL doesn't do that.

I normally cruise on RCL and once during the trip they have what is called the Captain's Dinner. Usually it's the staff that come out with the Baked Alaska and do a dance, everybody dresses up, etc. Guess NCL doesn't do that.

You are correct. NCL does not do this. Everything is freestyle. No set dining times/dress attire. On the Getaway, there are 3 different main dining rooms with a multitude of specialty restaurants.

However, if you are looking for something "kind of" similar, book the Manhattan Club when they do a snippet of the Burn the Floor show. The dancers will come out during dinner once or twice a week. Last time I looked it was on day 5, but they change sometimes.

As WWW3 stated, check with guest services and see if Dining with an Officer is going to happen. Sign up, you never know what officers will be available and some time one of the tables is hosted by the Captain or Staff Captain. It is an interesting night no matter who's table you get. Usually besides the dinner, there will be free wine for the table.