Bermuda Dockyard Water Rentals

amberjohn

We would like to spend 2 days renting different types of water crafts (kayak, whaler, paddle boards, etc.) at the Dockyard so we don't have to take public transportation. Can anyone recommend a place to rent and what water crafts are rented at the Dockyard?

thanks

Not sure when you are going but we are using KS Watersports for the Whaler rental in August from the Dockyard. If you haven't gone by the time we go I can report back. I would love to hear what others have to say as well. We were going to rent the Whaler from Blue Hole but with the travel time and the time of day they will allow you to rent it doesn't work out for us. We are also using KS Watersports for a jetski tour from St. George because it is easy to get there on the ferry and have lots of time before the 2:30 tour.

It is going to take a lot of time and a lot of energy to kayak or paddleboard very far from the Dockyard. The Island is 21 miles long with a lot of coves and beaches all along the way. I have never seen any rentals at the Dockyard that you can pretty much go out on your own. The Jet skis always go out in formation and return all together. They do not allow you to just buzz all around the area. Renting the Boston Whaler or pontoon boats is about the only way you can go places on your own but they do advise you not to go in certain directions because of the ocean currents. In my opinion, you won't see much of Bermuda if you are going to use kayaks and paddleboards. You might be able to rent these things at some of the larger beaches but as your main mode of transportation, I don't think it would work very well.

Not sure when you are going but we are using KS Watersports for the Whaler rental in August from the Dockyard. .

Are you sure it is KS as I just emailed them and they told me they don't rent whalers from Dockyard you have to go into Hamilton:

We are pleased to provide you with information on the rental of our 16’ Boston Whaler which at this time is available on September 25th from our location at the Hamilton Princess Hotel marina. The Whaler will adequately carry up to six people providing the per person weight does not exceed 185lb. Our location is a 20 minute ferry ride to Hamilton from Dockyard where your ship will be docked, and then a 10 minute walk to the Hamilton Princess Hotel from the ferry terminal. Unfortunately, rental of the boat is not available in Dockyard.

The rental price for the Boston Whaler for a half day (9:30am - 1:30pm) is $195.00, and you would need to be at our location at 9:00am. Please be advised that we have a 24-hour advance cancellation policy.

If you require further information please do not hesitate to contact us either by email or by phone on 441-232-4155.

Best Regards,

Judy Sousa

Administrative Assistant

K.S. WATERSPORTS BERMUDA

Email: info@watersportsbermuda.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kswatersportsbermuda

Tel: 441-238-4155 (Dockyard Location Reservations)

Tel: 441-232-4155 (Hamilton Location Reservations)

Tel: 441-297-4155 (St. George’s Location Reservations)

(Reservations Desk Open Daily from 8am - 7pm)

Are you sure it is KS as I just emailed them and they told me they don't rent whalers from Dockyard you have to go into Hamilton:

We are pleased to provide you with information on the rental of our 16’ Boston Whaler which at this time is available on September 25th from our location at the Hamilton Princess Hotel marina. The Whaler will adequately carry up to six people providing the per person weight does not exceed 185lb. Our location is a 20 minute ferry ride to Hamilton from Dockyard where your ship will be docked, and then a 10 minute walk to the Hamilton Princess Hotel from the ferry terminal. Unfortunately, rental of the boat is not available in Dockyard.

Thanks for the info. I thought I had done all of my research and had everything figured out! The KS website shows on one page that they rent from the Dockyard and another page says they don't. Apparently all of their Whaler's are now at the Hamilton Princess Hotel. That is a fine location and easy to get to but now I think I will just rent from Sommerset or H20.

We would like to spend 2 days renting different types of water crafts (kayak, whaler, paddle boards, etc.) at the Dockyard so we don't have to take public transportation. Can anyone recommend a place to rent and what water crafts are rented at the Dockyard?

thanks

That won't work. You should forget that idea.

There are ways to avoid public transportation, which by the way is pretty good in Bermuda. Don't know why you would want to avoid it. There are taxis. There is also another form of transportation that I dislike mentioning......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

Thanks for the info. I thought I had done all of my research and had everything figured out! The KS website shows on one page that they rent from the Dockyard and another page says they don't. Apparently all of their Whaler's are now at the Hamilton Princess Hotel. That is a fine location and easy to get to but now I think I will just rent from Sommerset or H20.

we're going to use H2O

We just booked a 4-hour whaler rental at Somerset Rentals for

July 13th. We would still like to rent a kayak or paddle board

at the Dockyard, for another day, for a couple of hours. Other than

at Snorkel Beach, anyone know of a place to rent them?

thanks

We just booked a 4-hour whaler rental at Somerset Rentals for

July 13th. We would still like to rent a kayak or paddle board

at the Dockyard, for another day, for a couple of hours. Other than

at Snorkel Beach, anyone know of a place to rent them?

thanks

Not at Dockyard but less than 10-15min away we used this last Sept and had a very nice time.

http://www.surfsupbermuda.com

We were going to take the little train over but it wasn't working so the owner of Oleander Cycles gave us a ride.

It's at Daniels Head Beach, we'll probably do it again this year.

Not at Dockyard but less than 10-15min away we used this last Sept and had a very nice time.

http://www.surfsupbermuda.com

We were going to take the little train over but it wasn't working so the owner of Oleander Cycles gave us a ride.

It's at Daniels Head Beach, we'll probably do it again this year.

That is probably his best bet if he does not want to use Somerset Watersports.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure why you are not interested in using the public transportation to rent a whaler (or anything water related). It's super easy.

We just returned 2 weeks ago and rented both jet skis and a 17' motorboat (holds 6 people, but they have smaller if you need it) and it was an awesome day.

If you take a taxi from the dockyard there, it takes approximately 8 minutes to get there and $14.50.

They were awesome and I highly recommend them.

There's a complete review in my signature line with TONS of pictures. Just click on the link and scroll down for the review. :)

mitsugirly,

I finished your report yesterday and loved it (thanks for writing). We reserved a Whaler from Somerset for Monday 13th. The kids (19 and 22) have decided that theywant to spend more time on the water instead of the mini-golf we had planned for Tuesday afternoon. I'm paranoid about leaving the Dockyard on the day of departure so I'm looking for watercraft that are rented from there.

mitsugirly,

I finished your report yesterday and loved it (thanks for writing). We reserved a Whaler from Somerset for Monday 13th. The kids (19 and 22) have decided that theywant to spend more time on the water instead of the mini-golf we had planned for Tuesday afternoon. I'm paranoid about leaving the Dockyard on the day of departure so I'm looking for watercraft that are rented from there.

I have to agree with the kids...another day on the water versus mini-golf....yea, I'd pick the water too. :D

I hope after reading my review, you'll feel a little more at ease about going the day of departure. Somerset is really not that much further than H2O and a simple cab ride away.

I hope you all have a great time! :)