Facetime while onboard?

Hey , hubby and I are doing a three day on 6/25 we are leaving our 1 and 2 year old home with their Aunt and this is the first time we have ever spent even one night away from them.... Been so tempted to just add them to the room , but it is our ten year anniversary and we need this 🌊 my question am I able to face time them while onboard? And if so can someone explain to me how to do so ? We will leave my hubby's iPad home and take mine and we were so wanting to do this.. Thanks :-)

I hope so too..we are leaving our 22 month old for the first time in July and are really hoping service is fast enough. I know you can buy packages, either unlimited or by the minute but I'm not sure if it's fast enough for FaceTime or Skype, etc.

Most likely not

First you can only Facetime via wifi.

So, you would have to purchase internet package.

Problem is that wifi is very very slow,, think dial up modem speed

Plus facetime takes lots of bandwidth.

Think of bandwidth as a highway.

2 lane dirt road

2 lane highway

4 lane highway

10 lane super highway

Which one is going to move the most traffic? The busier the traffic, the slower you go. Same with the internet.

We tried on the valor in March, we purchased the internet package and tried like crazy! We went to customer service and they told us, the wifi was not strong enough for facetime!! They refunded the package and when we got to port we ran to the nearest bar that had wifi and wasn't open, so it wasn't busy and facetimed our children...on the paradise last year we called from the room phone every other day, made sure all was well and went about our cruise :)