Reserving Vibe

Doc2725

Hi All,

Getting ready for our Breakaway cruise in a few weeks, and we have decided to attempt to get Vibe. Two questions though that I am hoping people on here can help with. The first has to do with NCL's new system of boarding. The time I was designated to arrive at the pier is 9:30AM, and I am also a bronze level latitudes member (not much but better than nothing) What time do you anticipate I would be able to board, and is it early enough to get Vibe (in your estimation/opinion?)

The second has to do with reserving passes. I was told by a friend who is recently off Breakaway that one person can arrive, purchase their pass, and then reserve a number of passes for other people, and then those people will go to guest services when they board and pay for their pass. This is done by the person who makes the reservation receiving vouchers for the other people to bring to guest services upon boarding. Is this true,and if so, can anyone add anything? Thank you!

We were on the Breakaway May 24th and were lucky enough to get Vibe passes.

Got to the pier about 9:45 and were in group 6, they started boarding at 11:30. Went right to guest services and were #21 & #22 in line for the passes. There were a couple of people in front of us trying to get passes for other people in their group that were not at the counter with them and they had to wait for them to get to the counter in order to process the passes.

The cabanas were sold out by the time we go our passes, although we were not planning to get one. The entire week we were in the Vibe we only saw a couple of cabanas ever being used even though they were all booked.

Good luck and have fun, we had a great time. The Vibe was one of the highlights as it was nice chatting with the people during the week.

Actually I guess I should clarify a bit. The people in front of us were able to get the number of tickets they needed for the Vibe but when they got to the actual counter they had to wait for the rest of the people they were purchasing for to get there.

they run your card through a machine and I'm not sure if that's just to charge the $79 or if it sets your card to allow access to the Vibe.

You need to use your card to get in and a couple of times people snuck and. The bartenders quickly told them to leave but I'm not sure if the walked in with someone who had a card or if their card actually opened the door.

Actually I guess I should clarify a bit. The people in front of us were able to get the number of tickets they needed for the Vibe but when they got to the actual counter they had to wait for the rest of the people they were purchasing for to get there.

they run your card through a machine and I'm not sure if that's just to charge the $79 or if it sets your card to allow access to the Vibe.

You need to use your card to get in and a couple of times people snuck and. The bartenders quickly told them to leave but I'm not sure if the walked in with someone who had a card or if their card actually opened the door.

Thank you. So as long as I am there, I can get the number of passes needed, even if the people aren't with me? And If I am understanding this correctly, as long as they come and pay for them, the passes will be their's, even if Vibe is sold out by the time they get on (counting their reserved passes in the total number sold)

Yes when you get in line the person handing out the numbered tickets will ask you how many you need and give them to you but when you get to the counter to pay you need to have everyone with you.

So for example the man in front of us was by himself and asked for two passes. She gave him #19 & #20 but when he got up to the counter to pay he had to call his wife over from where she was sitting to have her card swiped. He couldn't just leave with the passes then her go back later.

Maybe if you even just had the cards for everyone you were purchasing passes for so they can be swiped they wouldn't actually have to be there, not sure.

I can only speak from my experience but no you need to have all cards at the counter at the same time to purchase the passes.

If you ask for the number of passes you need, only hand in 1 at the counter when you get there then give the other passes to your group I don't see why that wouldn't work but I really don't know.

Maybe someone else has had a different experience and can give you some other info

Edited by baflagg

I can only speak from my experience but no you need to have all cards at the counter at the same time to purchase the passes.

If you ask for the number of passes you need, only hand in 1 at the counter when you get there then give the other passes to your group I don't see why that wouldn't work but I really don't know.

Maybe someone else has had a different experience and can give you some other info

That makes sense. Can I get the passes, then go walk around until everyone gets onboard, then we call go together to pay for them?

Hi All,

Getting ready for our Breakaway cruise in a few weeks, and we have decided to attempt to get Vibe. Two questions though that I am hoping people on here can help with. The first has to do with NCL's new system of boarding. The time I was designated to arrive at the pier is 9:30AM, and I am also a bronze level latitudes member (not much but better than nothing) What time do you anticipate I would be able to board, and is it early enough to get Vibe (in your estimation/opinion?)

The second has to do with reserving passes. I was told by a friend who is recently off Breakaway that one person can arrive, purchase their pass, and then reserve a number of passes for other people, and then those people will go to guest services when they board and pay for their pass. This is done by the person who makes the reservation receiving vouchers for the other people to bring to guest services upon boarding. Is this true,and if so, can anyone add anything? Thank you!

I am sailing in a few weeks too and am hoping to get a Vibe pass as well. Where did you find out about the new boarding system? And who told you what time to arrive at the pier? Is it on your documents? I just do't want to miss something important! I was planning on getting to the pier around 9:30.

When I bought them, I put four on my room, and my three friends paid me for them. They didn't allow me to 1) charge them to others or 2) take possession of the bands without SOMEONE paying for them, so I just put it on my room and my friends reimbursed me.

YMMV.

John

I'm sorry, but doesn't this defeat the purpose of first come first served? What's to stop my from buying 10 passes and paying for them on my card and then reselling them? Or do they limit the number you can get, for example if there are 3 people in my room do they only let me get 3?

I'm sorry, but doesn't this defeat the purpose of first come first served? What's to stop my from buying 10 passes and paying for them on my card and then reselling them? Or do they limit the number you can get, for example if there are 3 people in my room do they only let me get 3?

You need to know the names and I believe stateroom number of the people you are holding them for.

Really, if this is true, it sounds like we will have VIBE pass hogs. I for one would be very disappointed if I was on line for Vibe passes and the person in front of me was buying 10 of them.

Sounds like the Person who takes two apples, two old books, two towels, two flop-flops and two hats and claims ten deck chairs at the pool at 6:45AM for the day!

Exactly.

Guests should have to actually BE THERE to get passes, or cards for passes!

Exactly.

Guests should have to actually BE THERE to get passes, or cards for passes!

That was exactly what we saw a couple of weeks ago with the guy in front of us trying to get two passes for him and his wife. He needed to have his wife come up to the counter to have her card swiped in order to get two passes.

We are going to have a Haven Suite is it worth it to get a cabana? My dh loved them when we went on the breakaway for a weekend cruise (so sad there will be no more) :( Anyway, I am just wondering if it would be worth it? I think the Haven is fine but then again I have never experienced it. Any help would be appreciated..

That was exactly what we saw a couple of weeks ago with the guy in front of us trying to get two passes for him and his wife. He needed to have his wife come up to the counter to have her card swiped in order to get two passes.

Really, this must be an isolated case. A friend of mine was on 3 weeks ago and one person from their group got the passes/vouchers for everyone else, then once everyone was onboard, they all went together and swiped their cards to pay.

This is what she said exactly "What they did was give my friend these 9 little laminate slips with a number on them. We met up with him (the person who got the slips from the Vibe desk) to get the slip to bring to the desk to pay."