Do the waiters sing on every cruise?

We've sailed with Thomson twice now and each time the waiters have serenaded the MDR. Not every night but enough to raise a smile. Can we expect the same on the Spirit?

PS: I'm not sure whether we like the cheesy songs or the horrified look on the odd diners face when the ambient tone is lowered. ' how very dare you!' ;)

Aw cause we tend to eat early and I mean be in for opening time... we tend to miss the waiters performing. I know they do it cause have passed by the MDR ;ater in the evening and heard them singing. Great fun and adds to the enjoyment.

Go see the crew show - it's wonderful, the crew enjoy doing it!

And buy the video! - all the money goes to the crew benevolent fund:)

Agree - It's usually good fun - but do not agree with those who say the show is the best entertainment on the ship - it simply is not.

As for the DVD - I think a percentage goes to the on board photo team who make the DVD and are not crew as such as they are an independent team. If Geo says 20% goes to the fund then I would not dispute it but I would have thought it was a higher figure. However the announcement on stage says all of it goes to the crew fund.

I think you will find that they receive 100% of the profits after all the little fingers have been dipped in, at least that is what we were told by the staff but others may know better. Bottom line its a great show and I think they are well worth supporting:):)

• 2 weeks later...

Often it maybe is a waiter who may have a bit of a free time in between serving who can burst into song. Some bring their own guitars and can strum up a tune at the drop of a hat. We sometimes ask for a serenade and they may oblige. I know that at the baked alaska parade, chefs and waiters often burst into song.