Post Cruise Hotel

B-52

Lots of discussion about pre-cruise hotels, but we need info for a hotel when returning...

Difference?

Every hotel I see has a check in policy for 4pm....we get off the ship probably by 9:00am....

We are staying at the El Convento pre-cruise, but need to find a hotel that will have an early check-in post cruise.

All the Hotels I have e-mailed do not guarantee an early check in...the only suggestion so far was to book a room for the day before, and list arrival time as Red Eye...that would mean paying for a full extra day, but being there for only 8 hrs that day?

Also, if we book a beach front resort type hotel, do you think they would allow us to use the pool, etc, untill our room is ready?

I'm sure whatever hotel you choose will hold your luggage and allow you to use the pool. You would check in and they would let you know when your room is ready.May want to wear your bathing suit under clothes or cover-up

Lots of discussion about pre-cruise hotels, but we need info for a hotel when returning...

Difference?

Every hotel I see has a check in policy for 4pm....we get off the ship probably by 9:00am....

We are staying at the El Convento pre-cruise, but need to find a hotel that will have an early check-in post cruise.

All the Hotels I have e-mailed do not guarantee an early check in...the only suggestion so far was to book a room for the day before, and list arrival time as Red Eye...that would mean paying for a full extra day, but being there for only 8 hrs that day?

Also, if we book a beach front resort type hotel, do you think they would allow us to use the pool, etc, untill our room is ready?

As a guest of El C you will know that the sister hotel is La Concha, and EC has an arrangement with to use the LC beach facilities.

May I suggest you contact the EC Manager to ask for them to arrange something on your behalf with LC, or you may with to contact LC direct. http://www.laconcharesort.com/default-en.html

Knowing the EC and LC, one has no doubt, that as an established EC guest, 'something' could be arranged. :)

Edited by PORT ROYAL

I'm sure whatever hotel you choose will hold your luggage and allow you to use the pool. You would check in and they would let you know when your room is ready.May want to wear your bathing suit under clothes or cover-up

Our thoughts exactly...walk off the ship dressed to spend time at the pool....

I'm sure there should be no problem, just posting to see what others have done.

As a guest of El C you will know that the sister hotel is La Concha, and EC has an arrangement with to use the LC beach facilities.

May I suggest you contact the EC Manager to ask for them to arrange something on your behalf with LC, or you may with to contact LC direct. http://www.laconcharesort.com/default-en.html

Knowing the EC and LC, one has no doubt, that as an established EC guest, 'something' could be arranged. :)

Thank You....

After contacting a few hotels, they all say the same thing...no quarentee of a early check-in, but you can check your luggage and use the facilities...

LC was one of our top choices, and since it is affiliated with EC, letting the Concierge at the EC know our request on our return to SJ may help somewhat over the others.

If not, we will still enjoy our day there before the room is ready.