Nassau Excursions with 2 year old

actresslp

We are sailing on the Carnival Fantasy out of Charleston on July 2nd. We'll be in Nassau on the 4th and we're trying to figure out shore excursions.

There will be three adults and one 2 year old (she'll be 3 in August). What are some good excursions? I've tried looking through Carnival's options and wasn't overly impressed with anything. We typically book independently but are open to booking directly with Carnival.

Thanks!

We took our son to the British Colonial Hilton when he was 14 months and again right after he turned 2. Its a quick walk from the docks and it's all inclusive. Google their day pass. It is $60 or $65 for adults and your daughter will be free. They give each adult a $40 food and drink credit so you guys will have $80 to spend on lunch and any drinks that you want.

Just a warning though. They only have orange juice, pineapple juice, and cranberry juice so if your daughter has to have juice, you will want to fill up a cup before you head over.

We also just walked to Junkanoo beach with our 2 year old. He loved it and it was a nice, relaxing (low stress) day for all of us. I wrote a more detailed review (from the perspective of my 2 year old) if you're interested. Just click on "Sensation" review in my signature and scroll through until you see "Nassau." Whatever you end up doing, have fun! :D

We did the Seaworld Explorer when my son was 1 year old. VERY good, easy excursion for little ones. You board a boat that takes you to where this semi-submersible is located. Just a few steps down and you're under water. It's a quick excursion and the views of the ocean floor and the passing fish will keep young and old entertained. The only thing that sucked a bit was that the windows were a bit dirty which hindered the views. Still, it was a very easy excursion and long enough for little ones (and adults) with a short attention span!

Edited by Tapi

We took our son to the British Colonial Hilton when he was 14 months and again right after he turned 2. Its a quick walk from the docks and it's all inclusive. Google their day pass. It is $60 or $65 for adults and your daughter will be free. They give each adult a $40 food and drink credit so you guys will have $80 to spend on lunch and any drinks that you want.

Just a warning though. They only have orange juice, pineapple juice, and cranberry juice so if your daughter has to have juice, you will want to fill up a cup before you head over.

You cannot take food and drinks off the ship unless they are in the original manufacturer container. you can't just fill up a cup and bring it ashore.

Juice boxes would be acceptable.

I saw the Blue Lagoon excursion posted through our travel agency-- that one looks good.

In terms of some other sites in Nassau-- what is close to the port? When looking at the map, it looked like the straw market was right next to the port and maybe the government house?? I was hoping we could maybe spend some of the day at Blue Lagoon (or on another excursion) but then have some time to see some stuff near the port.

Thanks everyone!