5 Questions on Miracle

eponym

Hi all-

Have a few questions before we book this ship. I would appreciate updated information from anyone who has sailed her recently.

Is there an early and a late show in main lounge each night, or just one show without repeat? Times?

Is anytime dining the best to choose for this style of ship and without the extra dining choices available say like on the Sunshine?

Any history of Carnival and/or Miracle doing any special event during 4th July, and if so what kind of thing(s)?

How efficient or inefficient are embark/debark processes been for Miracle at Port of LB, Cabo, Mazatlan, PV recently?

Thank you in advance for any information.

Getting on and off the boat is very efficient on the Miracle. The only port with issues is Cabo because it's a tender port. Tender ports are always horrible.

Choose the dining assignment you like best. IMHO large groups do better with assigned dining.

Have you sailed the MR before? If not, know that the northbound trip can be a tad rough going against the Alaskan Current.

It doesn't bother most of us who normally sail this route but it can be a bit rough for Caribbean cruisers.

FYI-the Queen Mary is having a huge event on the Fourth. It might add some craziness getting to port that day.

Edited by SadieN

Getting on and off the boat is very efficient on the Miracle. The only port with issues is Cabo because it's a tender port. Tender ports are always horrible.

Choose the dining assignment you like best. IMHO large groups do better with assigned dining.

Have you sailed the MR before? If not, know that the northbound trip can be a tad rough going against the Alaskan Current.

It doesn't bother most of us who normally sail this route but it can be a bit rough for Caribbean cruisers.

FYI-the Queen Mary is having a huge event on the Fourth. It might add some craziness getting to port that day.

We haven't done anything other than assigned dining on carnival, but this trip may be the one for anytime. Trying to figure out if there is 2 shows per night or not, which will help drive either a late seating or anytime decision along with the port departure times.

Have only sailed a few Caribbean routes and never in risky weather months. Mostly sailed out of Calif or Texas in all directions, and agree there are motion differences.

Yikes! Thanks for the QM heads up. Forgot about that extravaganza! Miracle departs around 430 on the 4th so we are hoping to get on the ship as early as possible before the party on and around QM really starts to rev up.

BTW, if no one responds to your LB port parking rate up inquiry, I will come back and let you know what the posted rates actually are if we take the July sailing on Miracle.

Looks like we might stay on QM night before or at Hyatt The Pike Long Beach in lieu of driving down same day from North Cal.

Edited by eponym

We were on the Miracle the end of April. I'm not sure if all the new shows had been added by April 25th after the supposed 2.0 upgrades. I can take or leave the shows so I'm not sure what the shows are supposed to be. I did see 88 Keys and Getaway Island and liked them. I also went to the Love and Marriage Show. It's always fun to watch.

I'm replying in hopes of being helpful. If our trip was an anomaly due to recent upgrades I apologize!

They were advertising (verbally) some nonsense about how staggering the times gave everyone a chance to see the shows. It didn't make sense to me - say if you have late seating what does it matter if you see 88 Keys on Monday or on Tuesday. I don't know if it would help YTD - haven't given that any thought. If there's a show you don't want to miss just plan accordingly.

This sailing the Welcome Aboard show was once at 7:30. Sunday Getaway Island was at 8:15 and 88 Keys was at 10:15. Monday those two switched - 88 Keys at 8:15 and Getaway Island at 10:15. Tuesday was one show - Hasbro 8:15. Maybe we were missing a show cuz on Wednesday the Love & Marriage Show was at 10:15. They did have The Liars Club and Bingo before the show. I suppose the schedule could have been such because we were in Puerto Vallarta until 8pm. Thursday Heart of Soul was at 8:15 and 80s Pop to the Max was at 10:15. Friday night the two shows switched times.

We were also on the Miracle last October. The shows were not this way. There was also a different CD so that could possible be the difference.

I haven't sailed on the Sunshine so I cannot comment about your YTD question.

Embark/debarkation went smoothly in all ports. In fact, when we returned to Long Beach they started the process early and quite quickly to get the next group on before the storm came in.

Five years ago we were on the Splendor (out of LB). We departed on the 4th. I don't recall any celebration of note.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by DareTooDream

It doesn't matter which assigned dining time you go to. There will be repeat showings so that you can see all the different shows. Also, the Miracle has only one dining room so there can be a long wait for Your Time dining if you go at peak times. There aren't many tables larger than 6 person so if you have a group, I would go for assigned time so this can be pre-arranged. I haven't been on board since the upgrades but this was my experience in January. However, I belong to a large FB group that just returned and they relayed that all the shows are up and running. Also, FYI,until January, I refused to pay extra for a dining experience I thought we got for free. HOWEVER, "Nick and Nora's" {steakhouse} is an excellent alternative dining place. It was so fantastic and delicious that I've been ruined for Filet Minion, forever, at any other place and would gladly pay double the charge for it. I can barely contain my excitement of being back on the Miracle, by far my favorite ship, in two weeks.

For Cabo - The tender process is terrible. If your not platinum or have FTTF, try get a low ticket number. We stayed on the ship once and they were still calling tender numbers at 12:30 and everyone had to be back on the ship by a few hours later.:eek:

For Cabo - The tender process is terrible. If your not platinum or have FTTF, try get a low ticket number. We stayed on the ship once and they were still calling tender numbers at 12:30 and everyone had to be back on the ship by a few hours later.:eek:

I hear that this also depends on how many boats are in port. Last time I was on board, there were three ships and I had the same experience. In the summer, the Miracle is the only ship going to Cabo and the port can dedicate all their tenders to it.

Edited by amsred2

I hear that this also depends on how many boats are in port. Last time I was on board, there were three ships and I had the same experience. In the summer, the Miracle is the only ship going to Cabo and the port can dedicate all their tenders to it.

It's probably a matter of dock slips than tenders. Other cruise lines use their own tenders, like Princess.

If it's a two day Cabo stop the second day is better for the tender.

We were on the Miracle the end of April. I'm not sure if all the new shows had been added by April 25th after the supposed 2.0 upgrades. I can take or leave the shows so I'm not sure what the shows are supposed to be. I did see 88 Keys and Getaway Island and liked them. I also went to the Love and Marriage Show. It's always fun to watch.

I'm replying in hopes of being helpful. If our trip was an anomaly due to recent upgrades I apologize!

They were advertising (verbally) some nonsense about how staggering the times gave everyone a chance to see the shows. It didn't make sense to me - say if you have late seating what does it matter if you see 88 Keys on Monday or on Tuesday. I don't know if it would help YTD - haven't given that any thought. If there's a show you don't want to miss just plan accordingly.

This sailing the Welcome Aboard show was once at 7:30. Sunday Getaway Island was at 8:15 and 88 Keys was at 10:15. Monday those two switched - 88 Keys at 8:15 and Getaway Island at 10:15. Tuesday was one show - Hasbro 8:15. Maybe we were missing a show cuz on Wednesday the Love & Marriage Show was at 10:15. They did have The Liars Club and Bingo before the show. I suppose the schedule could have been such because we were in Puerto Vallarta until 8pm. Thursday Heart of Soul was at 8:15 and 80s Pop to the Max was at 10:15. Friday night the two shows switched times.

We were also on the Miracle last October. The shows were not this way. There was also a different CD so that could possible be the difference.

I haven't sailed on the Sunshine so I cannot comment about your YTD question.

Embark/debarkation went smoothly in all ports. In fact, when we returned to Long Beach they started the process early and quite quickly to get the next group on before the storm came in.

Five years ago we were on the Splendor (out of LB). We departed on the 4th. I don't recall any celebration of note.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you. Yes, 2 of the ports do not depart until 7PM and 8PM so I can understand an attempt to stagger some of the show day/times. We can track it, but probably no more than 24 hours notice via the fun times unless they publish an overall show schedule at beginning of cruise. We don't care which days we see the shows, just that we comfortably have a chance to see them no matter what dining we choose. 88 keys and Getaway Island will be new shows for us, so that's intruiging.

Ohhh, the Liars Club. I haven't heard of that one either.

Looks like a really interesting decor on Miracle with the fictional book/story themes.

We are booking it today.

Thanks again.

It doesn't matter which assigned dining time you go to. There will be repeat showings so that you can see all the different shows. Also, the Miracle has only one dining room so there can be a long wait for Your Time dining if you go at peak times. There aren't many tables larger than 6 person so if you have a group, I would go for assigned time so this can be pre-arranged. I haven't been on board since the upgrades but this was my experience in January. However, I belong to a large FB group that just returned and they relayed that all the shows are up and running. Also, FYI,until January, I refused to pay extra for a dining experience I thought we got for free. HOWEVER, "Nick and Nora's" {steakhouse} is an excellent alternative dining place. It was so fantastic and delicious that I've been ruined for Filet Minion, forever, at any other place and would gladly pay double the charge for it. I can barely contain my excitement of being back on the Miracle, by far my favorite ship, in two weeks.

We just booked it this morning, and requested a Nick and Nora reservation. You sound very excited to return to Miracle that we just couldn't resist.

Favorite area to hang out on deck?

It's probably a matter of dock slips than tenders. Other cruise lines use their own tenders, like Princess.

If it's a two day Cabo stop the second day is better for the tender.

I don't see any other ships in port for July for Cabo, Maz or PV, so I think Cabo tender might be OK.

Even after a drydock this year, they did NOT add alternative dining to Miracle?

Also, they did not improve the internet services/program on board from the legacy system?

For a ship sailing our of Los Angeles, those two areas of enhancements seem like good ideas and would be useful for us.

"We just booked it this morning, and requested a Nick and Nora reservation. You sound very excited to return to Miracle that we just couldn't resist.

Favorite area to hang out on deck?"

I am totally excited and I hope you have a great experience at Nick and Noras. It's also a beautiful location on the ship. Don't forget to check out the glass stairs that allow you to look eight stories down into the atrium. I'm terrified of heights but DH convinced me to give it a go (for like 3 seconds). I'm glad I did.

The decor on the ship is old school Carnival designed by Joe Farcus. It's a bit garrish and over the top but that is part of the reason I love it. There is great debate on the topic...people either love it or hate it. Be sure and check out Gatsby gardens, the indoor promenade. It's beautiful and a great spot for some peace and quiet.

On deck, I love the Serenity area. There is plenty of seating (although the cool bungalows and hammocks are always taken), a dedicated bar, close to the buffet and best of all...

no kids.

Edited by amsred2

Last time was Jan '14 - next cruise Jan '16 to Hawaii.

Miracle is one of my fav ships!

Nic & Nora's Steak house is the absolute best!! Be careful of glass stairway. People looking up can catch an eyeful if a woman is wearing a short dress/skirt. Witness to this myself.

Love Gatsby Gardens area! Have spent many hours reading and crafting in private!

So much more to write but I'll leave that for others. You will really enjoy it!

HOWEVER: Embarkation was a nightmare! Wait outside was extremely long and confusing and then another hour wait inside before the doors opened to head to the ship. Hoping this time for a 'miracle'... :p

Last time was Jan '14 - next cruise Jan '16 to Hawaii.

Miracle is one of my fav ships!

Nic & Nora's Steak house is the absolute best!! Be careful of glass stairway. People looking up can catch an eyeful if a woman is wearing a short dress/skirt. Witness to this myself.

Love Gatsby Gardens area! Have spent many hours reading and crafting in private!

So much more to write but I'll leave that for others. You will really enjoy it!

HOWEVER: Embarkation was a nightmare! Wait outside was extremely long and confusing and then another hour wait inside before the doors opened to head to the ship. Hoping this time for a 'miracle'... :p

Glass stairs sound like an attention getter! Will also check out Gatsby Garden for sure.

Jan 2016 to Hawaii on Miracle sounds great. Will look at adding that one on board or after we get back.

The embark sounds very bad. Hopefully only a one time issue.

"We just booked it this morning, and requested a Nick and Nora reservation. You sound very excited to return to Miracle that we just couldn't resist.

Favorite area to hang out on deck?"

I am totally excited and I hope you have a great experience at Nick and Noras. It's also a beautiful location on the ship. Don't forget to check out the glass stairs that allow you to look eight stories down into the atrium. I'm terrified of heights but DH convinced me to give it a go (for like 3 seconds). I'm glad I did.

The decor on the ship is old school Carnival designed by Joe Farcus. It's a bit garrish and over the top but that is part of the reason I love it. There is great debate on the topic...people either love it or hate it. Be sure and check out Gatsby gardens, the indoor promenade. It's beautiful and a great spot for some peace and quiet.

On deck, I love the Serenity area. There is plenty of seating (although the cool bungalows and hammocks are always taken), a dedicated bar, close to the buffet and best of all...

no kids.

That sounds great. I love crazy and unique decor. Your enthusiasm is contageous.

Thank you, and have wonderful cruise!

We were the only ship in port.

We were the only ship in port.

We went ahead and grabbed FTTF for the cruise in hopes to avoid rough embark at Long Beach and tendering delays on Cabo. We are not Plat/Diam yet. I hope it helps.

Staying at the QM is a great idea. I have done that for 2 cruises and it was the best decision ever. And if you stay there you may be able to participate in some of the 4th of July celebration. I believe they will have a different era on different decks of the ship. Should be lots of fun. If you stay there you can go over and check in as early as 9 or 9:30. I didn't do that but sounds convenient. We had breakfast out on the deck just after Miracle docked and watched everyone disembarking and getting excited about getting on. It should be great weather to do that.

Since you got FTTF disembarking should be very easy in Cabo. You will meet in the Alchemy Bar and a crew member will take groups at a time down to the area to get on the tender.

There are 2 shows a night and for us Anytime Dining works best.

I hope you have an amazing time. We will be sailing on her again in November celebrating Mom's 70th bday. I can't wait!

Staying at the QM is a great idea. I have done that for 2 cruises and it was the best decision ever. And if you stay there you may be able to participate in some of the 4th of July celebration. I believe they will have a different era on different decks of the ship. Should be lots of fun. If you stay there you can go over and check in as early as 9 or 9:30. I didn't do that but sounds convenient. We had breakfast out on the deck just after Miracle docked and watched everyone disembarking and getting excited about getting on. It should be great weather to do that.

Since you got FTTF disembarking should be very easy in Cabo. You will meet in the Alchemy Bar and a crew member will take groups at a time down to the area to get on the tender.

There are 2 shows a night and for us Anytime Dining works best.

I hope you have an amazing time. We will be sailing on her again in November celebrating Mom's 70th bday. I can't wait!

We went ahead and booked QM for July 3. Thank you for the additional insights. Now, we will thoroughly enjoy the pre-cruise, and the cruise.

Strange that all dining options show waitlist status now on Carnival site. We are currently confirmed 815PM. Is that just normal display for Anytime dining option anyway?

Thanks again for the info.

Enjoy your cruise too in November!

Edited by eponym

I'm not sure. I have never seen waitlist for all dining times.

I'm so excited for you to stay at the QM. It is old but original and just such a great ambiance. I love staying there. Shoot I go there as often as I can since I live so close. :) Make sure you get there early enough to take the audio tour. It is included with your stay. Take the time to tour around every deck. She is absolutely beautiful.

I'm not sure. I have never seen waitlist for all dining times.

I'm so excited for you to stay at the QM. It is old but original and just such a great ambiance. I love staying there. Shoot I go there as often as I can since I live so close. :) Make sure you get there early enough to take the audio tour. It is included with your stay. Take the time to tour around every deck. She is absolutely beautiful.

Looks and sounds fabulous. We are most excited about adding this overnight. Looking forward to stepping back in time and admiring what QM offered it's guests. Less than 3 weeks!

Does anyone know whether Miracle still has the sushi cart is set up in afternoons offering rotating options like salmon, shrimp and assorted rolls (free of charge)?

Edited by eponym

Does anyone know whether Miracle still has the sushi cart is set up in afternoons offering rotating options like salmon, shrimp and assorted rolls (free of charge)?

It hasn't been a sushi cart for a while. It now has a rotating menu of small bites from the various restaurant on the ships.

It hasn't been a sushi cart for a while. It now has a rotating menu of small bites from the various restaurant on the ships.

Thanks!

So, I think there is only 3 ways to possibly get sushi on Miracle cruise. #1 order from fun shops to have it delivered on embark day/night, #2 whenever it might show up at taste bar, or #3 whenever it might be on the MDR menu as Study in Sushi? We like sushi, and just got off the Sunshine which had Bonsai, so I'm trying to plan/consider accordingly.

Edited by eponym