room wall safes-room card or credit card?

sandij

No, I don't find it annoying. When you use your room card to lock the safe, then if someone has your card and your room number, they have entrance to your room and the safe.

Diamond Princess 04/10/04

Regal Princess 08/04/04

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ahracer:

I guess i'm confused. I didn't need a card for the safe just typed in my code each time I opened it or locked it.

Scott<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm confused with you, Scott icon_smile.gif

The three Princess ships I've been on all used the typed in combo and none of the ships allowed you to use a credit card for anything except paying off your bill at the end.

Whether room safes use a numeric code or a card with a magnetic strip must vary by ship-- I've seen both on various ships on various lines.

If yours requires a card, how about using your supermarket "frequent shopper" card? No worries about losing your credit card that way!

Our Century Cruise

Norway - July 1987

Sovereign of the Seas - June 1988

Norway - July 1989

Holiday - August 1990

Triumph - August 1999

Destiny - June 2000

Westerdam - February 2001

Fascination - October 2001

Pacific Princess - September 2002

Century - September 2003

Caribbean Princess - September 2004

Shelli... did you see safes using a card on a Princess ship? I've been on different Princess ships (Grand-class, Sun-class, Coral and Royal) and seen only two types: "safe" dial (on the Royal) and button.

Song of Norway & Song of America, 1986-88; Royal Princess 2/99; Sun Princess 1/00; Ocean Princess 12/00; Royal Princess 4/01; Grand Princess 12/23/01; Sea Princess 2/9/02; Explorer of the Seas 12/21/02; Coral Princess 8/9/03; Nordic Empress 12/27/03.

-- Regal Princess (4/20/04) -- Roll Call

-- Caribbean Princess (12/26/04) -- Roll Call

-- Royal Princess (4/21/05)

Pam- I just was on the Royal our safe was a tiny little thing that you used a old fashioned key to lock it. First day a couple we meet through the CCBoard had $2000 stolen out of their safe.

Maybe you're thinking of Carnival ships? They do indeed take a magnetic strip card to secure the safe and it is NOT recommended that you use your shipboard account card for this purpose but I have.

On our Golden cruise last month it was the keypad style safe in which you had to enter a code to arm it and then to open and shut it throughout the voyage.

While I thought it was cool to swipe a card to open the safe on some ships I like the code better because I have a slim chance of losing my finger.

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/04

Star Princess 10/04

Carnival Spirit 12/04

Archived