Designated Arrival Time? What if you get there earlier?

staceyv64

The arrival time is simply a suggestion. You can go whenever you want. The only purpose behind the arrival time idea is to spread the crowd out. They are not going to stop you from checking in or boarding if you arrive early. Don't forget that the vast majority of people who cruise have no idea about CC, and will follow the arrival time suggestion.

The arrival time is simply a suggestion. You can go whenever you want. The only purpose behind the arrival time idea is to spread the crowd out. They are not going to stop you from checking in or boarding if you arrive early. Don't forget that the vast majority of people who cruise have no idea about CC, and will follow the arrival time suggestion.

So the part saying if you arrive early you may be told to wait until your designated time is just a scare tactic?

I'm inclined to ignore the designated time and just arrive at 10am like we originally planned this sunday. Either way I will report back how it turned out...

So the part saying if you arrive early you may be told to wait until your designated time is just a scare tactic?

I'm inclined to ignore the designated time and just arrive at 10am like we originally planned this sunday. Either way I will report back how it turned out...

Please let us know what happens. I was reading the article: (http://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/norwegian-outlines-onboard-enhancements.html) about the *new* "staggered check-in process", and it says this:

"Guests who show up before or after their pre-selected arrival time will have to wait until there is space for check-in. Guests who book Haven accommodations suites do not have to select a check-in time, and neither do those who book air or transfers through Norwegian."

So, I'm really curious to know your results.

Please let us know what happens. I was reading the article: (http://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/norwegian-outlines-onboard-enhancements.html) about the *new* "staggered check-in process", and it says this:

"Guests who show up before or after their pre-selected arrival time will have to wait until there is space for check-in. Guests who book Haven accommodations suites do not have to select a check-in time, and neither do those who book air or transfers through Norwegian."

So, I'm really curious to know your results.

I am sailing on 6/21 and was told that my arrival time is 11:30. I plan on getting there at 10. I will report back. Fingers crossed!

Do arrival times "sell out", so to speak?
Yes, a couple of days ago the earliest time 10:00am-10:30am was available for my upcoming cruise, and now it is grayed out and says "( 0 slot left )". Of course, hundreds of others are going to show up at 10am anyway, if not earlier.

I am sailing on 6/21 and was told that my arrival time is 11:30. I plan on getting there at 10. I will report back. Fingers crossed!

LOL we are on the same sailing, have the same designated time and plan to arrive at the same time! Hopefully we both report back that they let us in! :)

Nobody can promise you that. If lots of passengers on your sailing choose to ignore their arrival times and 3000 people show up at 10am, I think they will only let people in who actually have that time on their docs (or who are otherwise entitled to priority check-in).

LOL we are on the same sailing, have the same designated time and plan to arrive at the same time! Hopefully we both report back that they let us in! :)

Too funny! You should come to the Meet & Greet on Monday to meet your fellow CC travelers!

Nobody can promise you that. If lots of passengers on your sailing choose to ignore their arrival times and 3000 people show up at 10am, I think they will only let people in who actually have that time on their docs (or who are otherwise entitled to priority check-in).

I pretty much figured but was trying to discern if that poster had some factual info regarding that or was going by how things used to be as this seems like a brand new initiative.

Too funny! You should come to the Meet & Greet on Monday to meet your fellow CC travelers!

I usually end up avoiding the meet and greets since we usually cruise as bigger groups of extended family or with friends. Nothing against my fellow CCs!!! I do lurk on the roll call occasionally and would love to eventually go to one.

This time around might be hard because we are traveling with our toddler and I would hate to sign up for it to not show up. You guys seem like a good group with fun things planned I just can't count on my toddler to comply with our schedule, especially if we have a chance to take him up to the guppies room in the kids club.

One of these days though I will get to go to the elusive m&g!! :)

I usually end up avoiding the meet and greets since we usually cruise as bigger groups of extended family or with friends. Nothing against my fellow CCs!!! I do lurk on the roll call occasionally and would love to eventually go to one.

This time around might be hard because we are traveling with our toddler and I would hate to sign up for it to not show up. You guys seem like a good group with fun things planned I just can't count on my toddler to comply with our schedule, especially if we have a chance to take him up to the guppies room in the kids club.

One of these days though I will get to go to the elusive m&g!! :)

In the event that toddler is behaving, we will be in La Cucina on Monday vat 11am. If I don't see you, good luck at the port Sunday!

I just checked and asking for an arrival time isn't on my online check-in. It could be because we're not past the final payment deadline (we sail November 28), or it could be because it's the Escape, and it's not even ready yet (hurry up, Meyer Werft!). But I don't have a "pick your arrival time" option.

--Michael

• 3 weeks later...

My mom and her friend are joining dh and I, we planned to drive to port. We planned to take one car, but my mother selected a different arrival time then we did. Would they make our groups follow the times we selected? We would really rather check in and board together.