Miami Cruise - FLL Flight

RG306

We are sailing onboard the Celebrity Reflection over March break out of Miami. Return flights are cheaper for FLL. Debarkation is listed as 0700. Can we comfortably make an 1130am flight on a Saturday? We're a group of 8 and would have a private car service arranged.

We have only ever cruised from Port Everglades so I don't know what to expect.

Should have no problems if you get off with self express (taking your luggage off the ship) Going thru Customs is usually quick at that time. . Travel time to FLL from MIA is around 45 minutes probably less on a Saturday, should arrive at airport in plenty of time. [emoji4]

I think you'll be fine! Last time out of Miami we flew into and out of FLL and we had a 12:15 departure and we did self disembark. Well we were very early for our flight and couldn't even check in when we got there.

So, this time we booked an 11:30. I wouldn't have booked it if I didn't think I could do it!

For an 11:30 flight you need to be at FLL by about 10 (earlier is better! ;)), and with the drive from POM taking 45+ minutes I would try to be off the ship and clear or customs/immigration NLT 9:00 and ready to load into a shuttle/taxi.

Hi, I just got back from a cruise in Miami with flight out of FLL and have done it a few times in the past. Overall, I would agree with everyone above but having experienced a few issues or seen the negatives I thought I would mention them.

ships don't get in on time. ship was suppose to be in port at 0700 but I was still sitting on deck outside lido watching our approach at 0745. Shuttle service was fabulous but on Monday June 8th they had a horrific accident that shut down northbound traffic from Miami to FLL it even delayed affected the express lane causing shuttle service to run 40 to 45 mins behind. I have been in customs line that took almost 1 hr. I have been in an airport security line that stretched down the hallway and to the back stairwell in FLL. All that being said I have been able to leave ship via self assist and take shuttle with no hiccups and be at airport sitting at my gate at 0951. Just make sure you have everyone prepared to make the dash for self assist/customs/airport. Have shuttle lined up in advance. Good luck

If you do not like stress I would not do this.

There is risk and that is the issue.

What could happen.

Late arrival of the ship, or you could be the lucky one and they stop you to go through your luggage at customs (it happens and I saw it happen to someone in early May) or you might not be able to find your luggage on time.

This stuff happens.

Keith

We just recently returned on the Carnival Glory to the port of Miami and had a 10:45am flight out of FLL. They let the passengers with early flights debark using self assist before the general debarkation. We were off the ship at 8am and at the airport by 9am as traffic wasn't bad being a Saturday.

We are sailing onboard the Celebrity Reflection over March break out of Miami. Return flights are cheaper for FLL. Debarkation is listed as 0700. Can we comfortably make an 1130am flight on a Saturday? We're a group of 8 and would have a private car service arranged.

We have only ever cruised from Port Everglades so I don't know what to expect.

as others have said, things can go wrong, but if everything goes to plan, you should be fine! :) I would book it!

Edited by kelkel2