Review of 9-Night Liberty of the Seas Out of Bayonne 6/4 – 6/13/2015

I don't suppose there are pictures?! we are sailing LIB out of Galveston in December and I am itching for some recent photos.

is Sorrentos serving on embarkation? when we sailed NAV earlier this it was sooooo much less crowded at the Promenade( not to mention one of our absolute fav bartenders ever was there) over the WJ and the idea of a calzone makes me all giddy.

I do think Sorrentos was open based on other things I have read. We didn't eat there though when we first got to the ship. My husband loved the calzones too! :)

Hvae fun!

Judy

Very well done and well written. If I may make a couple of comments though on your observations, just for the benefit of others who might not know:

5. I wish there had been an outlet in the bathroom for a night light. We left the light on and the door mostly closed, but it was SO bright when getting up in the middle of the night to go.

7. There were a lot of dubbed foreign language American shows on the TV; not too many shows in English,

5. There is an outlet in the washroom up by the light.

7. The foreign language shows are always on the same channels, so you can just skip them. I believe they are German, French and Spanish. They seem to be the equivalent of the English channels, so that is why it may seem like they outnumber them. I can't remember what channels, but there is a listing in the guest information book in the room.

Very well done and well written. If I may make a couple of comments though on your observations, just for the benefit of others who might not know:

We also just got off the Liberty, the outlet up near the lights in the bathroom is not a normal plug. It has a sticker on it that says for shavers only.

7. The foreign language shows are always on the same channels, so you can just skip them. I believe they are German, French and Spanish. They seem to be the equivalent of the English channels, so that is why it may seem like they outnumber them. I can't remember what channels, but there is a listing in the guest information book in the room.

Thanks!!

This may happen for a few more days; I have remembered a couple of other things to share.

In the bathroom, there was bar hand soap and bar shower soap. There was a dispenser in the shower clearly marked "shampoo." I had taken my own shampoo so don't know how it was.

There is a great tool on all the floors - an interactive, touch screen. It shows the deck floorplans, there is a restroom finder (used this a few times at the beginning of the cruise), you can search for bars, and find out what is going on at that time, etc. It was very slick!

If I think of anything else, I will post it.

I did find good information about the ship on other Liberty reviews - they were helpful even though it was not this itinerary. I also found good information on the various ports in the Ports of Call section of the Cruise Critic site. I suggest you check those areas out as well if you haven't.

Oh, someone had asked about photos. My husband was the keeper of the camera and he has downloaded photos to his laptop. I will try to use his computer to post some photos.

Happy Sailing!

Judy

I ended up emptying it myself. I had asked the attendant and I didn't fully understand what she said. I put the stuff on a shelf and then she removed it from the room for me.

I took it out of the frig. I spoke to my cabin attendant about it, he said that it is room service's job and if he takes it they will think I consumed it and bill me. I just left it on the bottom shelf next to the fridge. I had a case of bottled water (it showed up rather late and it looks like they took a bottle out to examine the seal and then put it back) and also a box wine that I was mildly surprised they let on board with no questions (3 liters). They were very strict about the alcohol policy at the ports, and I got the bottles back the night before disembarkation, they were brought to my cabin.

Was there by any chance a mystery dinner on this cruise? Would love to do that!

I didn't see anything about it, but certainly could have been. There were lots of activities.

Judy

Any good comedians?

I missed Matt Yee but heard he was quite good so would recommend him (not for kids as I understand it). We didn't see the lady they had. Not sure if there were others. Wow, I am not very helpful with these questions! :(

Judy

I missed Matt Yee but heard he was quite good so would recommend him (not for kids as I understand it). We didn't see the lady they had. Not sure if there were others. Wow, I am not very helpful with these questions! :(

Judy

Nope perfect my kinda answers!! Thanks I just can't wait to go

Our family is taking our first cruise out of Cape Liberty on July 25th-30th. We're going to spend a couple days after our cruise seeing the sites in NYC.

Question: Does the ship sail past the Statue of Liberty? If it's quite visible from our ship we'll skip it on our tours of the tourist sites in New York. Thanks!

Not really. You can see a glimpse of it in the distance, but can't compare with a harbor cruise. And I think the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island tours are both really worth while. You could spend a day just at Ellis Island.

Thank you very much for your VERY full review.. love it. Although I have cruised many times, I like to hear reviews of ships I havent been on. We leave July 16. Question... was the Solarium ROOF always open on this one?

Thank you very much for your VERY full review.. love it. Although I have cruised many times, I like to hear reviews of ships I havent been on. We leave July 16. Question... was the Solarium ROOF always open on this one?

Liberty has no Solarium cover. It's permanently open.