Best port in Hawaii

CruisingSince2012

Top choice goes to Hilo for the volcano's and small time charm. The cooler weather is welcomed to the other tropical islands.

http://www.bluehawaiian.com/bigisland/video/

2nd choice goes to Oahu as I'm a city boy. Love the Poly cultural centre and dole plantation.

[YOUTUBE]XXr_aIyMHTI[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]U5n6vUceBjU[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]P5pr-MrXt0w[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by xlxo

Kauai - incredibly scenic with the Waimea Canyon and Napali Coast being the top highlights there, & it's the best island for helicopter tour.

Two days there on a cruise would be ideal because one day means having to choose between the north and south shores. Waimea Canyon is accessed via the south. A drive along the north shore - including Kilauea Lighthouse, Hanalei and on to Kee Beach if time permits is a great day trip. If the cruise ship sails past the Napali Coast (as NCL's POA does) it's a nice bonus.

What is your favorite Hawaiian port of call and why do you like it?

The Islands are so small it should be which Island. They each have their charm, but if I was to pick just one, Kauai!

What is your favorite Hawaiian port of call and why do you like it?

I asked which port because Big Island has two.

Kona for water activities like snorkeling & scuba diving; Hilo for waterfalls & Volcanoes National Park...which is best for you depends upon what you want to experience. ;)

Maui: Kahului is the main town & closer to the Road to Hana, Haleakala & great South Maui beaches; Lahaina is a small town close to many great West Maui beaches.

Having lived in Maui, my input on which Hawaiian port is my favorite is biased. :p

Each island has favorite ports of mine & each one offers some unique things to experience. The Hawaii Visitors Bureau website has a lot of good info to research which island provides the experience your prefer.

http://www.gohawaii.com/en/

Edited by Astro Flyer

Astro, there is nothing biased about naming a favorite island or city in the state just because you lived there. Being a Hawaiian in the past makes you a great source of information if other posters have questions. :)

Edited by CruisingSince2012

Astro, there is nothing biased about naming a favorite island or city in the state just because you lived there. Being a Hawaiian in the past makes you a great source of information if other posters have questions. :)

Mahalo...I attempt to provide objective useful info to possibly help others plan their Hawaiian cruise.

Hawaii & cruising are two of my favorite activities & soon we're returning to our Maui home. :D